PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Blackberry 8330m to Cricket woes...

invintive
08-10-2010, 08:12 PM
So, I have a Sprint BB 8330m. I'm trying to flash it to Cricket.

I have searched countless hours for solutions, but to no avail...

When I call *228 it DOES take me to cricket's automated activation hotline, but it won't activate. I believe it's because the phone is still on the Sprint PCS Network (according to the 'Services Status' on the phone).

I have written the .PRL file, added service books in legacy mode, gotten my unique MIN # and entered it under IMSI_S: in the 'CDMA Service Edit Screen'.

Here are settings I have configured:

MDN: *my mobile phone number
IMSI_S: *my unique MIN # I got from Cricket
Mobile Country Code: 310
Mobile Network Code: 00
Home SID: 5540
Home NID: 65535
MO Voice SO Home/Roam: 3
MT Voice SO Home: 3
BB Reg Id: 2004
Home System Registration: True
Foreign SID/NID Registration: True
A-Key: [I Left it Blank]
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Password: cricket

The BB is on OS 4.5.0.131
The SPC is "000000"
Network Scan Mode: Home Only

I even have access to the escreen (which doesn't seem to have hardly any editable options).

I THINK, from my research, that I need to do an IOTA Bypass.

Can this be done WITHOUT CDMA WS???

Also, the IOTA bypass file I have (the only one I could find) is a text document. What is the extension of that file supposed to be???

ANY suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

If I didn't post enough info, tell me what I need to post!!!

ArkieKDealer
08-10-2010, 08:34 PM
I hate to ask...did you call Cricket and do an ESN change?

Pac3comm1
08-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Cricket has to accept your ESN/MEID before youwill have service. As far as it reading "Sprint" in your network connections, it will always read that no matter what carrier it is on currently. And yes the IOTA bypass is supposed to be a .txt file format. For the most part you shouldnt need to load it unless the phone is brand new and hasnt been provisioned. But i will tell you this, I personally run it on just about every sprint BB i flash (except the Blackberry Tour) because without it I ve experienced phone retarded behaviour.From the looks of it you have all of your settings right. However Im on MetroPCS planet so i can be mistaken. But not to fear, you are among many caring members here who are willing to help you out in just about any way you need provided it doesnt violate forum rules and/or is considered criminal activity. I hope I have provided at least a little help along your journey!

invintive
08-10-2010, 09:24 PM
I hate to ask...did you call Cricket and do an ESN change?

Hey, I'm glad you replied! That's probably the one thing I didn't do! :o

How should I ask cricket to do an ESN Change? :confused:

(i.e. Do I just say "I need to change my ESN"?)

invintive
08-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Cricket has to accept your ESN/MEID before you will have service. far as it reading "Sprint" in your network connections, it will always read that no matter what carrier it is on currently. And yes the IOTA bypass is supposed to be a .txt file format.

Awesome info.! Just what I was looking for!

So, how do I ask cricket to change my ESN/MEID?

ArkieKDealer
08-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Call 1-800-Cricket and tell them you need an ESN change. They will bill $15 to your account.

Better yet, go to a local dealer and have them do it. They will collect the $15 when they change your phone. Calling customer service could result in them not provisioning the WAP and MMS depending on what's on your rate plan now, plus I'm sure the dealer could use and would appreciate your business much more than the call center

invintive
08-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Ok, so I called 1-800-CRICKET (because I'm impatient). The representative I spoke with had a very thick accent, and I don't think she actually did anything. My current phone (a Kyocera $10 used special) is still active, and when I dial *228 (on the BB) I get "We're sorry, but we were unable to ..." or something like that saying I need to go to a dealer to have it activated.

I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

whitey10tc
08-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Ok, so I called 1-800-CRICKET (because I'm impatient). The representative I spoke with had a very thick accent, and I don't think she actually did anything. My current phone (a Kyocera $10 used special) is still active, and when I dial *228 (on the BB) I get "We're sorry, but we were unable to ..." or something like that saying I need to go to a dealer to have it activated.

I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow!Glad these guys helped you out I just answered your post on Ho-fo with a similar answer about the ESN.

Good luck and ask the dealer to list it as a cricket device and not CPE.

invintive
08-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Ask the dealer to list it as a cricket device and not CPE.

Sorry, but I have to ask... What will this do? What is CPE?

thephoneguy913
08-10-2010, 11:26 PM
CPE= CUSTOMER PROVIDE EQUIPMENT

If you still have problems tomorrow...PM me and ill help you with that...

invintive
08-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Thanks, we'll see what happens tomorrow...

Wrecked Johnson
08-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Cricket has to accept your ESN/MEID before youwill have service. As far as it reading "Sprint" in your network connections, it will always read that no matter what carrier it is on currently. And yes the IOTA bypass is supposed to be a .txt file format. For the most part you shouldnt need to load it unless the phone is brand new and hasnt been provisioned. But i will tell you this, I personally run it on just about every sprint BB i flash (except the Blackberry Tour) because without it I ve experienced phone retarded behaviour.From the looks of it you have all of your settings right. However Im on MetroPCS planet so i can be mistaken. But not to fear, you are among many caring members here who are willing to help you out in just about any way you need provided it doesnt violate forum rules and/or is considered criminal activity. I hope I have provided at least a little help along your journey!

Just curious to know what you mean by accept your ESN/MEID????? Cricket does not usually reject any phone unless its been reported lost or stolen with cricket.

invintive
08-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks Everyone for the help! I now have a FULLY functional phone!!! ;););)

invintive
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Oh yeah, and the only thing I did wrong was the Home SID...