PDA

View Full Version : Iphone 4 unlock

Pac3comm1
08-09-2010, 05:29 PM
[HIDE-THANKS][Only registered and activated users can see links][/HIDE-THANKS]
Here is the terminal app. you will need.

Download install iTunes.

Before you do any updating back-up your SHSH Blobs. The why and how can be found here in Wideawake's super awesome tutorial here.

Also sync and backup all of your songs, pics, numbers, everything in case you have to restore!

Jailbreaking.

Jailbreaking means basically to unlock the phone to 3rd party apps and 3rd party app stores such as Cydia and Rock. Unlocking means to unlock the phone so a different carrier can use it, I currently have my 3G unlocked (to use t-mobile). It has to be jailbroken to be unlocked, it does not have to be unlocked the be jailbroken.

I would use a WiFi connection here, for a stable internet connection.

Point your iPhone browser to: [Only registered and activated users can see links] and follow the on-screen instructions.

This works on:

iPod 1G on 3.1.2
iPod 1G on 3.1.3
iPod 2G on 3.1.2
iPod 2G on 3.1.3
iPod 2G on 4.0
iPod 3G on 3.1.2
iPod 3G on 3.1.3
iPod 3G on 4.0
iPad on 3.2
iPad on 3.2.1
iPhone 3G on 3.1.2
iPhone 3G on 3.1.3
iPhone 3G on 4.0
iPhone 3G on 4.0.1
iPhone 3G[S] on 3.1.2
iPhone 3G[S] on 3.1.3
iPhone 3G[S] on 4.0
iPhone 3G[S] on 4.0.1
iPhone 4 on 4.0
iPhone 4 on 4.0.1

updating from a lower firmware.

On an iPhone 3G, I would suggest you use firmware version 3.1.3. In my experience, iOS 4.xx runs laggy and terribly on the iPhone 3G. on the 3GS and iPhone 4, I'd run iOS 4.01. DO NOT UPDATE TO ANYTHING HIGHER THAN 4.01 IF YOU WANT TO UNLOCK YOUR PHONE. To update, simply download the firmware that fits your device from here and once the IPSW completes downloading, open iTunes. hold shift and click restore, it will ask you for the IPSW file. find your file and you are good to go.

If you don't hold shift, it will try to update thru the servers. I would not recommend this once 4.1 is released.

This will erase your old data, so ensure you have backed everything up thru iTunes or SSH first.

Unlocking:

Note: The bootloader is not the same thing as the baseband.

baseband - basically the generic name given to the internal software components of the iPhone that handle the phone calls and Internet access.

bootloader - basically software that loads either the baseband or operating system into memory before execution.

On any iPhone that is jailbroken, you can also carrier unlock it. to check your baseband version go to Settings > General > About and scroll down to Modem Version - that will be your baseband. Once you install the program specified below you will be unlocked!

For iPhone 4

if you are on 5.13.04 on an iPhone 4, go to Cydia and download/install "ultrasn0w 1.0-1" if you cannot find it, add the repo exactly as described in the 5.12.01 baseband 2 steps below, then you will be able to add 1.0-1.

The following are for iPhone 2G, 3G, and 3GS

if it says 5.13.04 - Do the same as 5.12.01

if it says 5.12.01 - go to cydia and download ultrasn0w 0.93. If you cannot find it, click on manage then sources then hit edit, then add, and add repo666.ultrasn0w.com.

if it says 5.11.07 - go to cydia and download/run blacksn0w (3.1.2 brings the baseband up to 5.11.07)

If it says 4.26.08 0 go to cydia and download/run ultrasn0w 0.92

anything below that I would suggest you just update to 3.1.2 and use blacksn0w. Let me know a specific baseband not listed if you really don't want to update and I will let you know how to unlock.

SSH:

when I plugged my iphone to my pc I thought it would be like my diamond, it would show up like another drive that I could get into the file system. but no, it does not. You literally have to hack into your own phone just to get into the file system. lame. you can do this over a wifi network, but i prefer to do it thru USB. Here are both methods.

open cydia and search for "openssh", install it. If you haven't already, you need to go to cydia, search for "SBsettings" and install it. It toggles things like wifi, ssh, etc... its a very good management tool.

SSH stands for [url=[Only registered and activated users can see links]]Secure Shell[/a], basically you're going to be using an FTP client to access your phone's file-system. open SBSettings by swiping your finger across the top of your screen (where your carrier is). it will give you your wifi IP address. Make sure that the SSH is toggled to green. Also in Settings>general, set your Auto-Lock to never so the phone sleeping does not cut your connection.

now you should download WinSCP (it is a safe ftp client for SSHing), get WinSCP here

For WiFi

open winscp, and enter your wifi IP address (SBSettings tells you at the bottom) type that into your host, the username is "root" and the password is "alpine"

you will now get into your file system. Here you can change themes, add ringtones, etc...

For USB -

Hook up your iphone to your PC, enable SSH in SBSettings.

download the attached zip file called "itunnel.zip" extract it anywhere you want, as long as the 3 files are together. Run "Runtunnel.cmd" file, a command window will come up, leave it open.

Open WinSCP.

the host is 127.0.0.1, the same username and password (root:alpine) this will get you in. when you are done SSHing, untoggle SSH on your phone in SBSettings back to red.

If you run into an error while trying the SSH and all above is as I stated copy:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple\Lockdown

and past it here

C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application Data\Apple

and you should be good to go.

NOTE: YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOUR ROOT PASSWORD. Everyone knows that "Alpine" is the code to get in to a jailbroken iPhone, so you should change your root password (to prevent hacking a worms). Here's how:

1) Open Cydia and search for/download MobileTerminal and install it

2) Open Terminal app (now on your springboard) and it will give you a command prompt.

3) Type "su" and press the return key.

4) It is now asking your for the current root password. Enter alpine and press the return key.

5) You will now be logged in as the root user. Enter passwd and press the return key.

6) It will prompt you for a new root password. Enter whatever password you want and press the return key.

7) It will ask you to enter the new password again. Do do and press the return key.

You have now changed your root password. You can close Terminal. Any time you want to SSH into your phone you will now have to use your new password and alpine will no longer work.

Thanks to Orangekid.

Genuwine1976
08-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Good find bro is it better than the jailbreakme.com way

Pac3comm1
08-09-2010, 06:03 PM
The jailbreakme.com is a part of it. So would I say its better? Nah I would just say improved!