PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive new Droid OS Release - FRG22 Fastest ROM Yet

Genuwine1976
08-07-2010, 04:24 PM
[Breaking News] Motorola and Verizon are pulling all FRG Froyo builds and ceasing any current plans to update to Froyo. Seems there is a problem between Google and Adobe concerning flash, rights, and royalties. This comes as quite a surprise to us as it will others. The performance gained from the FRG builds was substantial over ESE81. So let Google and Adobe know, that you want your Froyo and your Flash, NOW.

If you still want to get your Froyo on and would love to have Adobe Flash you can get them right here!

Thanx goes to P3Droid-- I take no credit for this.. Only the shared knowledge--

***you will have a stock kernel but shoot on over to my kernel page and get an O/C Kernel - P3Droid Kernels: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

So here it is for you in a simple update.zip format.

To update to the newest (leaked of course) version of Froyo (Android 2.2) for the Droid follow the directions below.

1) Download the files
Direct Download ----[HIDE-THANKS][Only registered and activated users can see links][/HIDE-THANKS]

Mirror One ----- [HIDE-THANKS][Only registered and activated users can see links][/HIDE-THANKS]

Non-Deodexed Version ----- [HIDE-THANKS][Only registered and activated users can see links][/HIDE-THANKS]

2) Place files on the root of your SD
3) Go into your Recovery
4) Clockwork Directions: go to install zip, find the zip on your sd card, and install
SPrecovery Directions: go to install zip, select allow update.zips (deprecated), install update.zip
5) Reboot your phone.

THANKS to CellZealot, Andrew, and P3Droid

ownmart
08-07-2010, 08:46 PM
hows anyone liking this one?

Genuwine1976
08-08-2010, 02:44 AM
Ok this is NOT a custom rom, as it is the stock froyo base rom... I have tested it on a test droid and it is fast as heck an seems to be stable.. The rom is prerooted so no need to worry about rooting it cause it is done for you.. It is running a stock 800mhz kernel, but it limited to 600. You can turn it up with setcpu to 800, or install one of P3Droid's kernels to gain higher speeds.
Enjoy

DankOfOwnage
08-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Wth...so let me get this str8...no plan to update to Froyo for Moto devices?...really?

Genuwine1976
08-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I am not sure what they are doing but, that is what I have been reading so this is the newest build to date. If I get a custom rom before anyone else does I will upload it..

gmlkng
08-14-2010, 06:06 PM
thank you gang

Pac3comm1
08-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Gmlkng, please do not take up thread space to say thank you as there are thank you buttons for that! Thank you! And I will try it out as soon as I get done working tonight!

leadnerd
09-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Will this work with the Droid plan on cricKet? Will I have a headache getting MMS to work properly?

Genuwine1976
09-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Yes this does work with the ADR plan.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk