PDA

View Full Version : Is there something to this?

thesmitty68521
08-05-2010, 05:52 PM
The email I just received said that any of the new smart phones being activated on the new plans will not be able to have WAP/MMS activated on them.

I am taking this as the blackberry's, android devices, palms, and HTC's won't be able to use the WAP/MMS on the phones now. Is that true? And if it is, is there a work around on this?

whitey10tc
08-05-2010, 06:16 PM
It is true I believe. I flashed a BB last night had the customer tell me today she only has talk/text and cricket said that is all the flashed PDA's will support.
I changed the model to a Lingo in CID waited a couple hrs and wala has wap/mms listed on the account and refreshed successfully. I'm going to start recommending for new activations they use one of my loaner cricket phones to set up the account then we can do the ESN change.

ArkieKDealer
08-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Just do as whitey said...activate it on a $45 rate with a native ESN then change it to the flashed phone once the account is in CID.

I am curious as to whether a flashed BB with the books from a K 8530 on the $60 plan would do, though. If we don't have a definitive answer by Saturday (I'm off tomorrow), I'll set up an account and try it.

Genuwine1976
08-06-2010, 01:22 AM
Well I for one have already changed my plan and so far so good but time will tell, about what cricket is doing...

[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

That's my droid speed on cricket's new plan....... WOW