PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] No proxy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dex
08-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Well i decided to test out new plans lol well i put my fone as the M6000 Zio the Android device ready for release lata this month i also put myself on the $55 Android Data plan from cricket and guess what

[hide-thanks]
NO PROXY

thats right
no proxy on it i have full HTML in a freakin pixi i was able to download and install pandora from the app catalog and RUN IT

steps to activate it

Change fone model in CID to M6000
Change Plan to android plan

ENJOY PROXYLESS LIFE

[/hide-thanks]

DankOfOwnage
08-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Does this significantly increases speeds or what?
And is that the flat-rate android plan?...$55 with no fees?

Dex
08-04-2010, 05:01 PM
yes
i downloaded pandora in a matter of secs

DankOfOwnage
08-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Wow....do i have to make any change in the phone itself?
I have a Droid X and could really use the added speed.

jguttz
08-04-2010, 05:04 PM
wow nice find dex.

Dex
08-04-2010, 05:08 PM
delete autostart.sh and u2nl

Dex
08-04-2010, 05:08 PM
if u have evdo u have net

bassboy119
08-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Awesome find Dex!!! *bows to you*

whitey10tc
08-04-2010, 05:15 PM
if u have evdo u have netSo your saying we don't need those files if we put in as the zio with the Android plan. and does the Android plan show up after you change the device?

DankOfOwnage
08-04-2010, 05:26 PM
So your saying we don't need those files if we put in as the zio with the Android plan. and does the Android plan show up after you change the device?

Exactly the question i need answered too...do u have to change anything in APNs or in the settings in the phone?

Dex
08-04-2010, 05:42 PM
no just need EVDO and net works like a charm been confirmed by 2 ppl so far

DankOfOwnage
08-04-2010, 05:56 PM
That is freakin AWESOME :DDDDDDDDDD
Gonna get my plan switched tomorrow

So the Android plan is cheaper than the BB plan?
Cuz the BB plan is $60

whitey10tc
08-04-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm switching but not for a few days, on the my cricket adviser forum they offered to contributing members a free month service to switch to the two higher plans, but everytime I switch plans before my cycle end date cricket screws up my billing.
Then once they issue my credit I'm switching over to the Zio device code.

Dex
08-04-2010, 06:04 PM
dank pm me number i got u

ArkieKDealer
08-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Wow! Am I reading that right? Change a load an EVDO PRL, do some programming, and droid phones are good to go?

DankOfOwnage
08-04-2010, 07:22 PM
from what i understand...no programming required...i ran like 400kbps on my last speed test...all i did was change my plan and move the autostart and u2nl out of the folders they were supposed to be in and into the sd root folder...and i can play youtube videos

whitey10tc
08-04-2010, 07:47 PM
So if this works out all these Android full flash solutions are a waste? or a partial waste?

ownmart
08-04-2010, 08:07 PM
holy hell thats awesome if its just program phone and no need to root or anything? just put them on new plan and give them an evdo prl and charge for a full flash ;)

DankOfOwnage
08-04-2010, 08:37 PM
hmmm...for some reason u2nl won't delete...says cuz it is read-only

Dex
08-04-2010, 08:54 PM
u need to mount FS as RW inorder to delete it not guarentee the full flash what u will need to do is still mms settings for the fones

DankOfOwnage
08-04-2010, 09:14 PM
oh yeah...thx

ownmart
08-04-2010, 10:14 PM
u need to mount FS as RW inorder to delete it not guarentee the full flash what u will need to do is still mms settings for the fones

and how would u do that? push edited telephony.db?

Genuwine1976
08-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Yes awesome find Dex. This is the SH**** I got 1073kbs download speed and 219kbs upload speeds with this new setup... these speeds are awesome.............. finally a fully working android on cricket,,,,

TESTED ON MOTOROLA DROID

I AM DROID

DankOfOwnage
08-05-2010, 12:02 AM
For some reason i am only getting like 350-400K...and my you tube vids stop 1/3 of the way thru...

whitey10tc
08-05-2010, 03:17 AM
Now here is a question. What are we going to do when cricket starts seeing all these Zio's in CID and the phone has not been release yet? I heard they are going to start looking at accounts with high data usage to ID smart phones.

DankOfOwnage
08-05-2010, 03:30 AM
Well....we ARE paying for the smart phone plan...so i dunno

Genuwine1976
08-05-2010, 03:52 AM
We'll soon find out won't we

captainkirks
08-05-2010, 04:31 AM
For some reason i am only getting like 350-400K...and my you tube vids stop 1/3 of the way thru...

What prl are you using?

DankOfOwnage
08-05-2010, 04:34 AM
What prl are you using?

oh im good now...i found a prl that let me ota...and it gave me a new PRL...now i get like 900kbps lol

Genuwine1976
08-05-2010, 04:52 AM
please upload and share all new prl for this new feature and post what location it is for... It would be a big help

DankOfOwnage
08-05-2010, 05:56 AM
Ask and ye shall receive
...Savannah, Ga...not sure of the number but here is it
PRL pulled from OTA of Android Phone on Android Plan
Move it if u want lol

[HIDE-THANKS][Only registered and activated users can see links][/HIDE-THANKS]

drummerboy42
08-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Why isn't this working for me? Must be to simple for me to wrap my head around. lol. Say a moto droid, I get a 3g icon, up arrow goes white, then both for about a second, then nothing. Page fails with a "Could not be found" error. Had account refreshed, and re-provisioned. Should I have not wrote the nv and EVDO tab? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!

whitey10tc
08-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Is the phone listed as a Zio with the Android plan?

thephoneguy913
08-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Whitey is right...here is what im doing and is working for me....
*ON CID:
1) Set up Cricket Account with the Smart phones Plan (60Z)
2) Make sure you set up the Kyocera 6000m as a model.
*ON THE PHONE
3) Flash a PRL that allows you to IOTA Programming (*228/*22804) and set your NAM
4) Run IOTA Programming.(Let the phone reboot)
5) CDMA Workshop -> For Moto Droid get NV files from WHITERabbit.ORG. and dont forget to write them in the phone. For other Android Devices just make sure to set up EVDO TAB with correct User and Password.Reset device and enjoy your Android phone on Cricket with full Web and Super Speed.
6) For MMS on MOTOROLA DROID ONLY... go to "Voice Dialer" and say "Open Apns"...Name it Cricket.. Edit User Name,Password,Edit MMSC to "mycricket.com",Port 8080...hit menu and save...go back to main screen and ENJOY your MOTO DROID FULLY FLASHED TO CRICKET.

MMS for Other Android Devices you will have to do your homework... :)

thephoneguy913
08-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Well...I tried to Edit the post but the system wouldnt let me :(
But I forgot to mention...make sure you set up IP BEHAVIOR to Mob+Simple..

ArkieKDealer
08-11-2010, 12:37 PM
What are you guys charging to flash a Droid with this solution? I've only done talk/text flashes on them to this point. Trying to work out a price point as the $10 Craigslist flasher in my neck of the woods won't be able to pull this one off since he's not a dealer.

thephoneguy913
08-11-2010, 01:27 PM
When we first Started to flash the Androids...I was charging $150 here in Kansas...now there is so many ppl using the free solutions and the leaked solutions and they are charging $45 for full... but im still charging $35 for Partially flash in any smart phone and $80 for full flash...doesnt matter if I use this simple solution or not...

bigglou23
08-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Whitey is right...here is what im doing and is working for me....
*ON CID:
1) Set up Cricket Account with the Smart phones Plan (60Z)
2) Make sure you set up the Kyocera 6000m as a model.
*ON THE PHONE
3) Flash a PRL that allows you to IOTA Programming (*228/*22804) and set your NAM
4) Run IOTA Programming.(Let the phone reboot)
5) CDMA Workshop -> For Moto Droid get NV files from SpeedRabbit.ORG. and dont forget to write them in the phone. For other Android Devices just make sure to set up EVDO TAB with correct User and Password.Reset device and enjoy your Android phone on Cricket with full Web and Super Speed.
6) For MMS on MOTOROLA DROID ONLY... go to "Voice Dialer" and say "Open Apns"...Name it Cricket.. Edit User Name,Password,Edit MMSC to "mycricket.com",Port 8080...hit menu and save...go back to main screen and ENJOY your MOTO DROID FULLY FLASHED TO CRICKET.

MMS for Other Android Devices you will have to do your homework... :)

I think u mean [Only registered and activated users can see links] :)

drummerboy42
08-11-2010, 04:40 PM
When we first Started to flash the Androids...I was charging $150 here in Kansas...now there is so many ppl using the free solutions and the leaked solutions and they are charging $45 for full... but im still charging $35 for Partially flash in any smart phone and $80 for full flash...doesnt matter if I use this simple solution or not...

And yet you guys help out someone and add to that number of "ppl." (bet you checked my location first, lol) That makes me appreciate it more! Thanks fellas.
Anyway, yes it was on the "Android plan" and listed as a Zio. Only thing I see different is, that you didn't write the EVDO tab, and you otap'ed before writing the NV items. Also, I was using the nv items from insanecanes "droidflash" solution. (And no, I didn't run the programmer on it" Can't wait for this phone to come back now, don't know that I've ever said that! I love Gurus!

shacar
08-19-2010, 11:31 AM
So hey.. whats the exact settings for the mms for the motorola droid?
thanks

whitey10tc
08-19-2010, 01:41 PM
So hey.. whats the exact settings for the mms for the motorola droid?
thanksThis is a clear case of hijacking. This thread is discussing the NO PROXY fix for Android phones. Not MMS and not one device specific.
Please review the posted rules also linked below in my signature and feel free to post your question in the correct forum/thread.

shacar
08-20-2010, 10:05 AM
oh sorry.. i figured it out tho.. i just didnt read his instructions all the way.. lol..

israel
08-23-2010, 04:38 PM
WO[Only registered and activated users can see links] i just change my plan to the ZIO and every thing works, i'm using the htc incredible and now a can use all the apps, like youtube, gps, market. and i can send receive pix. the internet is fast. thanks

ArkieKDealer
08-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Just did my 1st Eris no proxy...it's sweet. I hope I get A LOT of these. :)

mort_subite
09-21-2010, 02:50 PM
The only thing I'm not understanding here is how to change the CID to the Zio. I have the android plan and I've successfully unlocked, flashed, rooted with recovery, and OTA'd the device. I'm showing the EVDO icon in my title bar as well, so I'm pretty sure I've got most of these settings correct.
Can someone point me in the direction of what you mean when you "change your plan to the ZIO"? Is this something I have to call customer service and change on their side? If anything, I'm probably listed as running a Samsung Moment M900 because that's the phone I have activated right now.
Thanks!

M.

eric303
09-21-2010, 02:53 PM
in order to run the no proxy, with the zio plan, you would have to disable autostart and u2nl right? because i have noticed that when i change some of my customer's fully flashed android devices w/o the zio plan, they internet is still slow

mort_subite
09-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Anyone wanna clue me in on the CID change deal?

M.

eric303
09-27-2010, 04:25 PM
there are no CID change deals, i think somone on here is doing it on the for sale for $5. But some of the members on here are willing to do it for free if you catch them in a good mood or at the right time.

ArkieKDealer
09-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Any one got any direction for No Proxy MMS on Droid 1? I've edited apns every which way but loose but none of my edits are working.

Mods...let me know if this needs separate thread. Put it here since it is a no prox flash.

ipeverywhere
10-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Any one got any direction for No Proxy MMS on Droid 1? I've edited apns every which way but loose but none of my edits are working.

Mods...let me know if this needs separate thread. Put it here since it is a no prox flash.

Can anyone confirm if this works in the El Paso/Las Cruces market? My understanding was that unless you were on an AWS phone, whilst you may see the 3G/EVDO icon on any non AWS phone, you cannot get these speeds. Of course that was last year when I first had these discussions about EVDO in my market with cricKet dealers.

ipeverywhere
10-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Can anyone confirm if this works in the El Paso/Las Cruces market? My understanding was that unless you were on an AWS phone, whilst you may see the 3G/EVDO icon on any non AWS phone, you cannot get these speeds. Of course that was last year when I first had these discussions with cricKet dealers about EVDO in my market.

Dex
10-05-2010, 05:45 PM
This hack will not work in AWS markets

goochbuntu
11-26-2010, 11:20 PM
i have a friend that has a cricket hawei phone she let me hook cdma work shop to her cricket android and i pulled out a prl file of 42600 this should work in colorado area i dont know i have to check the speeds and then check the other prl file i had before. it seems that i have better signal but not as fast of speeds but maybe its in my mind

this is the one i got out of a cricket phone in my area

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

goochbuntu
11-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Can anyone confirm if this works in the El Paso/Las Cruces market? My understanding was that unless you were on an AWS phone, whilst you may see the 3G/EVDO icon on any non AWS phone, you cannot get these speeds. Of course that was last year when I first had these discussions with cricKet dealers about EVDO in my market.

try other prl files try to find someone that has a cricket phone then hook cdma workshop to it and you can get the local prl you need for 3g as long as you have a 3g on your bars on top your internet will work if you have 1x or anything else the internet will not work with out the any cut program if you just get the 3g no anycut needed and you will be golden i will be uploading prls soon i plan on getting a ftp server with a ton of prls pm me with prls with the state its from so i can get them on a server so we can get better service through out the us

here is a link to prl files i used in colorado only 2 of them gave me 3 g

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

and 6499

enjoy pm me and ill put more to rapidshare