PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from South Carolina

Cappii
07-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi, everyone. My name is Jamie, my friends and online acquaintances call me Cappii. (Short for Capricorn, in case you're wondering what it means.) I won't say who or what kind of company I work for, as I am not sure of how your site works. I know that some sites disallow that kind of discussion, and unless I am told otherwise by a mod, I will refrain. I will say, however, that parts of my work include repairing cell phones (both hardware and software issues), flashing cell phones, and repairing computers. I enjoy the computer part most, and have been working in the field now for about 7 years. I own my own PC Repair business in addition to the companies that I work for, and will gladly dispense computer advice if asked. I want to say that none of my personal work is for sale. So long as it doesn't violate any laws, I will gladly share any information that I have when it comes to phones, free of charge. I'll be perusing around the forums...

Pac3comm1
07-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Nice to meet you Cap! Welcome to a great fam of Gurugeeks! I dont neccessarily think that informing anyone of who you work for violates any laws even if it was i.e. PhoneClone inc.! lol Just as long as any of the info you share here doesnt pertain to violating the law of any sort. If you need anything just holla!

whitey10tc
07-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Welcome to the family, and there are no rules in place of revealing your employer or your business name as long as it's not out right advertising/spamming.
I would actually encourage it.
So there you have it the Mod and Global Mod have spoken.

Cappii
07-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Well, in that case, I am a cell-phone and computer tech for Hybrid Wireless in Greenville, and B&B Mobile in Anderson. We mainly work with Page Plus and Simple Mobile, although we have several other options open to us.

My main focus is unlocking GSM phones for Simple Mobile, and configuring WAP for Page Plus and Simple Mobile.

On the computer side, I work in virus / malware removal for the most part, but only because it is the most common issue I see. My specialty used to be networking... But I don't see much of that side anymore.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcomes!! I look forward to getting to know all of you, and being a part of the community. I hope that we can be mutually beneficial to one another :)

Edited for BBCode phail

Greg Alan Moore
12-24-2010, 03:13 PM
So great to have someone local who will assist in PPC issues. I have one now that I absolutely CANNOT resolve.
Neither my VX8600 nor my VX8560 can access the web no matter how I set the WAP setting on the phone.
I use LGNPST 1.2 LAB for the Chocolate3 and LG DL for the VX8600.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Nothing works. My MMS works fine on the VX8560 but not on the vx8600.
I hope there is something simple that all of us LG CMDA users are missing to get web working on Page Plus Cellular
thanks for coming on board.