[hide-thanks]
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
[/hide-thanks]
You need RSD General to run this files.

ENJOY.

eric303
07-28-2010, 12:54 PM
how would you know if the rival is prepaid if somone just brought it to you? is there a tell tale sign?

jetvr6
07-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Easy the prepaid rival doesnt have the default six zeros spc

drkcobra
07-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Just for reference too, this hardly qualifies as a full flash. A full flash would be a SHX and probably a flex file afterwards to be a full flash. Your files will get it working yes, but hardly by flashing, nor will it take care of boot logos etc ever. This might barely be considered a solution, but there are many out here who might even have difficulty with calling it that.
Don't misunderstand me, it isn't that your contribution is not appreciated, it is! You just need to be a bit more clear/accurate. Thanks.

UNRELATED NOTE:
Since there was mention of the prepaid Rival and the SPC...
(There is not a separate firmware for the PP model like in the case of the W755, etc. It is strictly dealt with by ESN/MEID at Verizon.)

Often people just reflash the phone with a monster to zero the SPC and clear everything. In the case of the A455 be CAREFUL if you have version 01.29.22 or.24 already on the phone. Do not use the 01.29.15 monster pack on it!!!!!! If you do, you will guaranteed BRICK your phone to the point it will not even power on again.
At present only the 01.29.15 monster pack has been leaked. The other versions are only out there as customer upgrades. So be forewarned, and don't learn the hard lesson like I and many others did. Luckily we all learned it at a point when they were all under warranty, but not the case anymore...

blevinski
10-07-2010, 08:10 PM
this is why I dont offer full flashes for most motorolas

Dex
10-08-2010, 08:26 AM
lol u can full flash a lot of motos just depends on model

drkcobra
10-08-2010, 04:05 PM

Your point eludes me I'm afraid.

thesmitty68521
10-08-2010, 04:26 PM

What market are you in? Send them my way. I will gladly do it.

thephoneguy913
10-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Blevinski.... dont worry...I'll do it for you...lets set up a tower in your location and make some money.... :)

deadafterlife
01-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Do you by any chance have the flash file for zn4 on Page Plus? if so, could youp[lease share? Thanks
I can't find anything to get wap working for pp

drkcobra
01-30-2011, 03:56 AM
You are not going to find any Motorola files for the ZN4 that are anything but Verizon as it is an exclusive with them as a carrier. However, I find it surprising you are have any difficulty setting up Page Plus as they are using Verizon towers for their service. They are a Verizon MVNO. Most likely your problem with data and WAP on PP is the data plans that exist for them are extremely limited and when a limit is reached they will cut you off in no time flat for the remainder of the month period!
Regarding the A455 you have a slightly better chance of finding a non Verizon firmware for it as it is one of the rare ones that is an exclusive only here in the USA, and not worldwide. Canada has 2 carriers that sell it with teir branding but be careful almost all Canadian CDMA models use Java not BREW (cause they are lucky they can) which is great for functionality but a pain in the butt for flashing away from and even sometimes to.

If there are any third parties out there who have done any firmware, they surely will not be posting it for free with the amount of effort it takes to build one and there are a very darned few individuals who really know how and can with Motorola CDMA firmware.

dilworks
02-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Regarding the A455 you have a slightly better chance of finding a non Verizon firmware for it as it is one of the rare ones that is an exclusive only here in the USA, and not worldwide. Canada has 2 carriers that sell it with teir branding but be careful almost all Canadian CDMA models use Java not BREW (cause they are lucky they can) which is great for functionality but a pain in the butt for flashing away from and even sometimes to.

If there are any third parties out there who have done any firmware, they surely will not be posting it for free with the amount of effort it takes to build one and there are a very darned few individuals who really know how and can with Motorola CDMA firmware.

There is another carrier with the A455, outside the 'States: OpenMobile, in Puerto Rico. I suspect that this one uses BREW, and should have litte branding.

Unsurprisingly, that firmware is also nowhere to be found...

drkcobra
02-05-2011, 12:26 PM
I have never been able to find any firmware for that carrier. I have been looking too, as I know someone who is in need of it. The A455 is also sold in Canada by Telus and Koodo Mobile, but they are both Java based and may have incompatible bootloaders. We just don't know yet as the only thing to come up so far is the Koodo Mobile upgrade.

cwilfong
04-21-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm still working on the zn4 so far no luck but for the a455 rival on page plus follow these steps:

1. Power on the phone

2. Dial ##BROWSER (##2769737) and press Talk (SEND)

3. With VWZ Highlighted Select Options

4. Select Copy Entry and rename the new file PPC

5. Select the newly created PPC file, press Options, and Select EDIT

6. Change the following entries to these values:

Name: PPC
Homepage: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Used ID: MIN
Password: vzw
Gateway IP 1: 000.000.000.000
Gateway 1: ppcgw1.vzwreseller.com
Service Type: HTTP
Port 1: 8080
E2E Port 1: 8080
LXL Port 1: 443
Gateway IP 2: 000.000.000.000
Gateway 2:ppcgw2.vzwreseller.com
Service Type 2: HTTP
Port 2: 8080
E2E Port 2: 8080
LXL Port 2: 443
Cache Start-Up: off

7: Click Save

8: Click Options with Ppc highlighted and Select Set As Default

9: Power Cycle Phone (power off then on)

Your phone should now be able to use MMS and Mobile Web

adrianrodriguez
04-26-2011, 09:49 PM
I followe the steps accordingly but still no mms on rival any extra step not mentioned or is anyone else haveing the same problem

awsphones
09-14-2011, 03:07 PM
can someone repost the link? dead link

juan4y6
12-07-2011, 01:26 PM
*** hidden content ***
you need rsd general to run this files.

Enjoy.

the link is broken or does not work, thanks/.