PDA

View Full Version : What now? No 1x ...

k0r
07-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Okay well I flashed & rooted my motorola droid to MetroPCS. I also have my ESN# added to the inventory. When I call 288 or 611 I get the metropcs thing and I got the "lastest prl" ... But what do I do now? I still don't have this 1x that i'm suppose to have.. I can't make calls, texts, anything. I have no clue how to program this phone my self so hopefully someone here can help me, all I know is that I can dial ##PROGRAM to get to the menu that's all. Please help me, thank you. and i forgot to add that im using the smoked glass ROM

ten0rplaya04
07-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Omg...You flashed and rooted your droid and can't do any calls what-so-ever? Ok...Troubleshooting steps.
1a) Make sure your account is paid up.
1b) Dial *228 and type what happens (Does the programming complete or does it say something like "Could not program your phone")
2) Find the MEID from the phone's software menus, not the back of the phone. Sometimes the MEID will be different...it shouldn't be but it could be.
3) Once you know your MEID, call up MetroPCS and verify with them that the MEID on your phone is the same that's on your account.
4) If in 1b the phone does complete programming, check the PRL section of the Phone info and verify that the prl is actually there. Sometimes some phones don't like the PRL pushed to it.

There's some help respond back with the answer to 1b if you would after you've checked the other things :)

k0r
07-27-2010, 11:31 AM
well when i type *288 the metropcs thing comes up and asks me what I want to do: Activate or Reactivate a phone, Add a new line, Update roaming list (the prls)

I already did the last one, and when I try to "activate or reactivate" a phone it says I can't because it's already activated or something..

but when I do the prl/roaming list thing i see that it says "phone being programmed" on the screen, once its finished it says phone activated and I checked the settings and the prl was there (2004)

but even after that I still can't do anything. and if I reboot the phone it will show the activation waiting screen again

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Pac3comm1
07-27-2010, 01:37 PM
here try this tutorial.....found on HoFo
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

whitey10tc
07-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Did you correctly write the NV items with CDMA WS?

k0r
07-27-2010, 04:57 PM
thanks pacecom, and im pretty sure i did whitey.

just click write under nv items in workshop then choose the text document that i downloaded from whiterabbit?

Pac3comm1
07-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Yep that sounds like a successful NV wirte to me. It should ve said 12 NV items successfully written. You might want to write them again and make sure it said 12.

k0r
07-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Ah, I figured it out. It was the MIN this whole time. I didn't think it was since it was at some random (default?) number.

Just in case any one else runs into this problem, just call up your carrier and ask them for your min, go in the programming menu (##PROGRAM) then find MIN and put it in there

Thanks for posting guys~!

Pac3comm1
07-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Rule of thumb, when you run into a problem as such, ALWAYSALWAYSALWAYS, double check your manual input. One time I was stuck trying to figure out why I couldnt load internet on a Storm, come to find out i missed a . in the EVDO settings and had been staring at it for about an hour. Glad we could help!

k0r
07-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Yess Thank you, now I'm trying to get internet/mms to work :D
I've tried both of the APN settings in that thread that was posted above, but still no internets
I open browser try visiting a site and it seems like it's loading or trying to connect but it fails.
Any ideas?

whitey10tc
07-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Do you have the u2nl, autostart.apk, and autostart.sh installed correctly?

k0r
07-28-2010, 05:25 AM
Yeah I did all of that correctly, I'm guessing my kernel doesn't support iptables?
Does anyone know about this? I guess I'll start googling.

I'm new to android and correct me if I'm wrong but ROMS = Kernels, right?

Well I was using a stock rooted one, gonna try a different one (Smoked Glass)

whitey10tc
07-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Stock is a no go, but smoked glass should get you going.

k0r
07-28-2010, 11:03 AM
yeah, smoked glass did it. Thanks everyone

edit: but for some reason I can't download apps from the market.. it just says "Starting download" and hangs there.. I Read somewhere that the only way it will work is if Im on evdo, though I thought I was? I have in my programming menu CDMA and EVDO enabled

Pac3comm1
07-28-2010, 12:14 PM
i think you re going to have to buy the wap solution from to0 or Cain. You can find to0 here on the GURU channel.

Doowop
07-12-2011, 06:58 AM
I have been tryin to complete the flash for a droid x for about 6 weeks now. I just cant get the Esn on to the network please help me