PDA

View Full Version : trouble for future bb flashes

RIP MOBILE-FILES
07-27-2010, 09:56 AM
From what I have been hearing all bb's will have to go through bis and be registered and approved by cricket for the internet and apps to work. They said that for those who have web already will continue to have web but if any changes was made to the account they would lose the web. So they trying to attack us by making it hard on us as usual. Lets put our heads together for a counter to CRICKET'S attack on flashers. Any ideas or suggestions to get around this or anyone who can get access to the cricket bb please let me know suppose to start on august 6th.

Nat3
07-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Dam...another speedbump! I dont kno why they try to make it harder for flashers....they should love the idea of flashed phones really.

ten0rplaya04
07-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Um guys, if you call in the ESN swap and tell them it's a RAZR v3m...You shouldn't have any issues with BIS or whatnot. They can't tell that it's a blackberry, they can only go off what you tell them. Now if you want it to be fully cricket with whatever new service books cricket puts out, then yea...you'll need bis. But for joe schmoe, stick with what you've been using forever now :)

RIP MOBILE-FILES
07-27-2010, 11:20 AM
yeah but you know i want full apps lol

ten0rplaya04
07-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Well see there's your issue. Your post is complaining about the general status of flashed Blackberries in the wild and you're talking about a niche group of people. The "Counter" attack you've requested is my previous post :P. If you want full everything, go with the real deal...none of the flashing stuff. If you don't mind things not working then stick to flashed...it's cheaper that way too. Just think how much more the plans are going to be :P

RIP MOBILE-FILES
07-27-2010, 12:01 PM
I want everything to to work flashed or not thus the reason I have a evo. I like to provide my customers with the same service that a person who buys a cricket phone actually can have. I will find a work around and have apps eventually. Not to worried about it just thought others should know of possible outcomes of the future and inspire other to not settle for less. cricket can have apps on bb so will my customers

whitey10tc
07-27-2010, 12:04 PM
I agree RIP, and really it shouldn't be that hard once we get our hands on a cricket branded blackberry. Let's hope!

alasfar1
07-27-2010, 12:52 PM
yea for every new blackberry that cmoes out, there's a counter attck with it, we jsut gotta figure out the solutions

Pac3comm1
07-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Does anyone know if this same issue will apply to Metro flashed devices? Ive been looking for info out there to see but I havent heard anything.

RIP MOBILE-FILES
07-28-2010, 11:40 AM
I will look into it for you

Dex
07-28-2010, 12:11 PM
i spoke with my Corp Rep last week and she filled me in on all the details whats goin on is that all cricket BB will have a special BB plan on this plan ONLY CRICKET BRANDED BB will work but there is another way i have found just by talkin to her i figured it out in 5 mins :P ne ways the solution involves android Cricket not only releasing a BB plan they also releasing an Android Plan which any Android device on in this case ANY device can be activated on with combonation with the SB from the Official cricket BB and that plan everything in theory should work just like the cricket bb but only time will tell

Cappii
07-28-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm not sure where the information came from that the companies can't tell whether or not you are calling in a blackberry, but I can tell you that it is purely false. They can tell. It's all in the MEID. Page Plus, for instance, via Verizon, of course, has their activation portal designed so that if you try to activate a BB, it simply denies the activation. The same goes for Verizon Paygo phones. Don't be disillusioned into thinking that you're getting one by Ma Bell... you're not.

Pac3comm1
07-28-2010, 01:36 PM
I feel ya Cap, but i will tell you this, if anyone can find a way I garuantee it will be someone from this squad right here!

whitey10tc
07-28-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure where the information came from that the companies can't tell whether or not you are calling in a blackberry, but I can tell you that it is purely false. They can tell. It's all in the MEID. Page Plus, for instance, via Verizon, of course, has their activation portal designed so that if you try to activate a BB, it simply denies the activation. The same goes for Verizon Paygo phones. Don't be disillusioned into thinking that you're getting one by Ma Bell... you're not.Your imput is appreciated, CricKet does not currently have a system in place to ID devices by the MEID/ESN. When you compare cricket to big red it is apples and oranges. But I am sure that once cricket gets up to date and in this century they may figure things like that out.

On a side note I had two blackberries I flashed last week that the customer were both told by the cricket corp store they could not be activated. I found a work around for this. I send them in with one of my old Lingos to get the account activated then I do an ESN change to the BB. It's worked twice and I hope it keeps working.

Pac3comm1
07-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Err, uhh you mean ESN "repair" Whitey. Please refer to the rules or I will have to banish your global privelages and turn you into a minion! lol

whitey10tc
07-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Nope no "repair", they activate the cricket branded phone to start the account. Then in CID we change the ESN to the BB and under model we use the QA30 or one of the others. No "repairs" or illegal activity here.

Pac3comm1
07-28-2010, 02:23 PM
I know buddy i m just messing with you! I ve been using the same method for the longest time. Best way to get things done when you are in a pinch.

ArkieKDealer
07-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Anyone have any problems with BBs on the ip address change last week? I have someone telling me they had to buy a new flash pack for BBs because of the change. I think he's misinformed.

RIP MOBILE-FILES
07-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Yes he is very misinformed change didn't affect bb's

ArkieKDealer
07-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Thought so, too...as obviously something would have popped up here if it did.

HL45
07-31-2010, 10:07 AM
Blackberrys BIS may hold a list of true Cricket bb MEID/ESN's? if so the registration request from a flashed bb would be denied even if it has the official Cricket service books!?
My acct. mgr. said they would be testing a flashed bb on the new plan to see what happens! won't be long and we'll know!

captainkirks
07-31-2010, 10:17 AM
Anyone have any problems with BBs on the ip address change last week? I have someone telling me they had to buy a new flash pack for BBs because of the change. I think he's misinformed.

If they used tonycortes solution they had no trouble, but there are some other hack services books around that did stop working when the ip address change.

Killgorian
08-05-2010, 04:07 PM
I lost picture messaging on mine with both RIP's and Cains service books. Is this the changing ip and if so how would I go about fixing? Anyone know?

thesmitty68521
08-05-2010, 04:21 PM
So they are saying that neither internet or picture messaging will work on this then??

whitey10tc
08-05-2010, 04:50 PM
I lost picture messaging on mine with both RIP's and Cains service books. Is this the changing ip and if so how would I go about fixing? Anyone know?
Relist your device as a cricKet brand handset in CID, give it a few hrs then refresh wap and mms. See if that works, it worked for an 8330 that I did this morning.

So they are saying that neither internet or picture messaging will work on this then??That's the rumor, cricket is saying no more data features on flashed PDA's.

ArkieKDealer
08-05-2010, 05:17 PM
My BB is working fine. I'm pretty sure they will continue to work fine on $35-$45 plans. My rep said the same thing.

I haven't tried one on the $60 plan. They aren't offering demo accounts on the $60 rate and after 10+ years of free cell service, I'm not going to start paying now!

I did load SBs out of the 8530 I got today. No problems with them.

Killgorian
08-12-2010, 11:55 AM
The odd thing is in RIP's service book, it fails to load the mms settings at all. Says 4 item loading, then loads 3. No error, nothing. I updated the desktop sw and still the same thing, so I reverted to cains "Final" sb and it loads the mms but still nothing.
Im trying Whiteys solution now.....

Killgorian
08-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Update: I loaded an old service book on and everything works fine. Odd though that the newer ones do not, and especially in this area...

Neonz_2007
08-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Cricket is full of crap, the new plans will not and do not affect flashed phones data services... I've done plenty of plan changes and nothing has been effected.