PDA

View Full Version : No texting with new numbers

whitey10tc
07-26-2010, 06:29 PM
What's the deal, every phone I've flashed (in the last 4 days or so) and the customer takes it and activates it the text won't work, right off the back. This has happened with a BB storm 2, a Droid, LG Env3, and now a Rumor.
When I'm flashing for a new customer with no account I do the basic flash send them to get it activated and then finish the full flash. Well it seams like some of those must have a bad MDN or something.
Any suggestions?
or has any one else had this problem.

eric303
07-26-2010, 06:41 PM
your right on the money Whitey, bad MDN i get it sometimes but not often, usually a MDN change fixes that, or a call into cricket from the retail support side

whitey10tc
07-26-2010, 06:52 PM
your right on the money Whitey, bad MDN i get it sometimes but not often, usually a MDN change fixes that, or a call into cricket from the retail support sideYa that's what I thought. I wonder why?

ten0rplaya04
07-26-2010, 08:14 PM
If this is cricket like I think you're saying, then it's normal for the texts to not work immediately. I get about a quarter of the phones I flash who can't send or receive texts until they get their account refreshed. Just let your customers know to have their account refreshed immediately after getting the phone activated and it should work fine.

eric303
07-26-2010, 08:20 PM
usually all my phones work fine w/o having to call in refreshed, flashed or not, i just get a few that does not sometimes. BUT having said that, ALL of my phones that gets activated on the 40 dollar plan, the internet NEVER gets provisoned correctly and i have to call it in every single time. So ridiculous

whitey10tc
07-26-2010, 08:34 PM
If this is cricket like I think you're saying, then it's normal for the texts to not work immediately. I get about a quarter of the phones I flash who can't send or receive texts until they get their account refreshed. Just let your customers know to have their account refreshed immediately after getting the phone activated and it should work fine.I will have to remember that.

kc720
07-26-2010, 09:00 PM
that's why i always keep a cricket phone around to activate, then do the esnchange after so i dont have to talk to the dumb customer care people lol

:.FlashMaster.:
10-10-2010, 01:58 AM
I Was told at a cricket store to call cricket customer support and have them remove texting off my account. Then add it back on, it fixed it!

Wrecked Johnson
10-10-2010, 02:30 AM
If this is cricket like I think you're saying, then it's normal for the texts to not work immediately. I get about a quarter of the phones I flash who can't send or receive texts until they get their account refreshed. Just let your customers know to have their account refreshed immediately after getting the phone activated and it should work fine.

For the past week or so I have been solving this issue as explained here. Usually new activations and add a line will recieve texts but you cannot send, also the WAP feature aka web will not be provisioned on the acccount at least with a CPE phone. So gotta have a refresh and provision done for now at least.

Dex
10-10-2010, 11:06 AM
yes the way to fix this easily if u dont have dealer hotline access is to put a real cricket fone on the account upgrade downgrade plan then put back flashed device kudos if u knew that already :p

rich hathaway
10-10-2010, 07:40 PM
the reason is, it is the feature codes are missing from cpe phone accounts. it did not use to be like that but i think they are trying to save resources by making the indirect dealers using c.i.d. and activating non cricket branded phones have to call a dealer hotline or ndcc to get the proper provisioning.alot of people will just not use those features,and think that we (the flashers) did a crappy job of flashing there phone,not understanding it is the account.i see and hear it everyday. i am hearing that soon they are going to be doing away with h.o. and we indirect dealers using c.i.d. will hAVE A NEW C.I.D./H.O. HYBRID giving us the capability of provisioning,changing min,adding feature codes and a bunch of other features we have always had to call to get done.man that will be about time,no more calling cndc 2 0r 3 times to try and get provisioning from someone who is uneducated on how to even do that.
but for now wrecked johnson is right all we can do is call for provisioning,sometimes a refresh wont work if there are no feature codes for the particular function on the account,only provisioning will work.

staceyc509
10-11-2010, 03:58 AM
yeah we've been having to have ours refreshed a lot lately too.