PDA

View Full Version : 8/3 Changes

ArkieKDealer
07-24-2010, 02:09 PM
I met with my market's DD the other day. Here are the changes coming 8/3:

1) New rates that will include taxes.
2) Both the BB 8530 and Zio will be released.
3) Reconnect fees are no more.

They are also considering doing away with activation fees. DD isn't real happy with the fees going away as that affects dealer compensation under the new plan.

ArkieKDealer
07-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Well here they are:

$35 talk, text, caller ID, voicemail
$45 same as current $40 but adds international text, backup and navigation
$55 Android rate w/ Android Market...flashed Androids CAN be activated on this rate.
$60 Blackberry rate...w/ BB email, BB messenger, App World...flashed Blackberries CANNOT be put on this rate. (until you smart guys figure it out) They make a point of saying, "Flashed Blackberries will only have talk/text."

ZIO MSRP...$249
BB 8530 MSRP...$299

Broadband all rates at 1.4 mbs
$40...2.5 GB/month
$50...5.0 GB/month
$60...7.5 GB/month

Activation, reactivation, reconnect fees are gone. Customer is suspended for more than 4 days their bill is prorated by the NDCC and only pays prorated amount. Prorated bill pay only available to premier dealers.

Got a customer...will fill in the blanks later...

eric303
07-29-2010, 05:30 PM
-all handsets will be subjected to same pricing regardless of its an existing customer or a new customer
-there will also be no more crazy taxes, only local sales tax on the monthly plan.
-they are also doing away with 1st month service for free, the add aline promotion SHOULD still have a 1st month for free
-they are doing away with activation fees, so there will be NO MORE ACIVATION FEE

as far as the flashed blackberries go, no worries, they will still work the same as they do right now, the only difference is that even if you put it onto the blackberry plan you wont be able to get push e-mail through BIS or BES because blackberry regulates their PIN and not cricket and thus you cant push it through.

as far as the current android devices that are flashed, if you put it onto the new android plan of $55 you will be able to get the faster speed that the android plan offers.

captainkirks
07-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Did anybody here about a rate plan for $55 for flash phones?

eric303
07-29-2010, 07:13 PM
i was at the training, there is no $55 plan for flashed phones, the $55 plan is the android plan which will give you faster access assuming you have the zio or a full flashed android device.

o and the Zio will be branded as a Sanyo instead of a Kyocera

ArkieKDealer
07-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Other phone MSRPs

Stunt and Domino...$39.99
MsgM8...$79.99
Messager II...$139.99

The new comp plan and these prices are going to hurt my used/flashed phone sales considerably. I think after my lease expires I'm going back to the working world. After 7 years of owning a store, I think I'm ready to give up and work for someone else.

HL45
07-31-2010, 10:28 AM
You can still charge the 15.00 for esn/mdn changes also for add a lines! The new compensation on payments should offset some! Does anyone else here sell other providers pin's? I do, and sell a lot of Go and Verizon ect. pins.

captainkirks
07-31-2010, 10:46 PM
We sell a lot of pins also. the 6 percent we get on the new plans is more we use to make, but compare to other carriers its low.

ArkieKDealer
08-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Had our training. At least my IAM bought us all dinner before Cricket screwed us.

My first take...no advantages for the customer/dealers took one in the hiney.

whitey10tc
08-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Only advantage I see is no taxes.

ArkieKDealer
08-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Not in my market. "True" rate includes fees, i.e., regulatory recovery fee but does not include "local taxes."

So...old $40 plus fees and taxes was $48.01.

New "true" $45 plus local tax is $49.16.

I bet some guy with a swanky title and a 6 figure salary really thinks he did some special...retard.

whitey10tc
08-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Ya my state throws all the taxes in one when it comes to telecom fee's and taxes.

thesmitty68521
08-03-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm hearing through the grapevine that the Zio isn't going to be released, the release date has been pushed back. They are going to release the Curve though. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

whitey10tc
08-03-2010, 04:34 PM
I heard about the push back date, and they're also taking pre-orders for the Curve.

ArkieKDealer
08-03-2010, 05:13 PM
That's what they told us last night. Pushed back from 8/6 to "indefinite" due to software glitch. Also, tidbit was it comes with Android 1.6. Isn't that a pretty old version? Rep did mention that a free upgrade would be coming, though.

ArkieKDealer
08-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Props to a poster on HoFo for this find...

"Cricket Communications Enters Into Wholesale Agreement With Sprint"

"Leap Wireless International, Inc. (NASDAQ: LEAP), a leading provider of innovative and value-driven wireless communications services, today announced that its operating subsidiary Cricket Communications has entered into a wholesale agreement (MVNO) with Sprint, which will allow Cricket to offer its products and services over Sprint's 3G network throughout the United States. ..."

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

"Cricket Enters into National 3G Data Roaming Agreement"

"Leap Wireless International, Inc. (NASDAQ: LEAP), a leading provider of innovative and value-driven wireless communications services, today announced that its operating subsidiary Cricket Communications has significantly expanded its 3G data capabilities through a new roaming arrangement, which will enable Cricket to offer its customers nationwide 3G data roaming to complement the nationwide voice service it currently offers. ...."

whitey10tc
08-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Links are not working

ArkieKDealer
08-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Removed and linked to investor relations page. There's several good tidbits in the news/info section about mid page.

leadnerd
08-03-2010, 09:36 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]