PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Motrola Devour

supernine
07-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Surprisingly, I never had to do one of these phones until today. Very nicely built, reminds me of a MacBook Pro, but the screen size is undersized and the OS is outdated... Either way, here's the steps to enable MMS and WAP on this device:

1) Plug the device into the computer and select Modem Mode.
If you do not see this option, turn off the phone and power it on while holding the letter T key.

2) Connect to Diag Port using CDMA Workshop, send SPC code next as you will not be able to read phone info.

3) Change NAM programming, the PRL, and set the 1X/EVDO settings (they don't revert so do not worry about SPASM protection in the NV Items). If you have issues with 3G/EVDO set to Mobile IP + Simple IP instead of Simple IP only.

4) Make a test call to ensure your basic programming is set and also verify you have a 3G icon on your phone to ensure your 1X/EVDO settings.

5) Dial ##PROGRAM and in this menu you will find the HTTP PROXY settings. Edit as appropriate: wap.mycricket.com for server, 8080 for server port, and leave username and password blank.

6) Install APNBackupNRestore via ADB (debugging) mode, market, or SD Card. Download the APN XML file below and edit the phone number in the file to the correct MDN, then save the file to the SD Card in the /APNBackupRestore/ directory. Launch APNBackupNRestore, select delete APNs, then restore APNs, and select the editeddevour.xml file.

**ADMIN EDIT**
Non working link removed
Thread closed!

7) Reboot your phone and enjoy the Web Browser and Incoming/Outgoing MMS.

Thank you

ownmart
07-25-2010, 03:41 PM
anyone have sucess with it yet?

bawanyh
08-07-2010, 12:49 PM
I want to know how to edit this file?

whitey10tc
08-07-2010, 02:02 PM
I want to know how to edit this file?Use note pad or something similar. It's a standard XML file.

bawanyh
08-07-2010, 07:04 PM
I tried this internet is working fine but when I try to send MMS from this phone to this phone so I can check outgoing and incoming it says "national access coverage not available". but when someone else send the MMS to this phone it shows but when I try to download it give me the same error "national access coverage not available". any ideas?

Thanks

Nat3
08-10-2010, 11:56 AM
i just would like to thank you supernine!! thanks for such a thorough nice written tutorial.

bawanyh
08-10-2010, 04:06 PM
i just would like to thank you supernine!! thanks for such a thorough nice written tutorial.

Have you tried this solution is it working fine for you?

Thanks

bawanyh
08-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Another thing I noticed with this solution is the moment the phone restarts all the settings r gone. has any1 else had that problem?

Thanks

adriane3
08-17-2010, 02:46 AM
yes, I've done 2 of these and same thing happens... once you turn it off everything goes back to the original settings, it even erases contacts as if you did a factory reset.

eldedino
09-08-2010, 11:57 AM

Worked for me bro........its all good wap, mms, talk and text, the b*tch part is, its all good after activation

Wrecked Johnson
09-08-2010, 01:50 PM
edit the nv items to make the settings stick anyone tried that for you guys having issues?

chavonbravo
09-09-2010, 01:31 PM
I got all programmed in correctly. Talk/text working. Correct settings in 1x/Evdo tab. But never get a 3g or 1x symbol on top. It doesn't authenticate for some reason. On metro, btw. Wonder why it doesn't work...as it should.

thesmitty68521
09-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Notice the section this solution was posted in: "Flashing Droids to Cricket". If you are using this solution then it will work for Cricket otherwise if you are using it for another carrier then the settings will need to be different.

Post a request for help in the Metro section and you will get much better results.

eldedino
09-11-2010, 03:34 PM

yeah aworked perfectly for me, except i had to add bettercut to edit the proxy settings

music911
11-19-2010, 12:54 PM
hey where can i find the nv iteams and what should i put in them ? and what program did you use?

joeqasha
12-18-2010, 05:11 PM
ok I'm getting "National Access Coverage is not Available" just the member replied in the 1st page of the Thread .. is it something missing in the settings or what is the deal ??
Please review and replay
thanks

joeqasha
01-07-2011, 02:37 PM
is this thread dead or what ???? why nobody is even checking it out to deal with the posts in here ....
Thank You for reading and responding

thesmitty68521
01-07-2011, 02:58 PM
is this thread dead or what ???? why nobody is even checking it out to deal with the posts in here ....
Thank You for reading and responding

Where are you located? I'm assuming you are dealing with the Devour and getting that message when you do a *228. If you are in an AWS market, the Devour won't work there, it will be on roaming and data services probably won't work.

rich hathaway
01-07-2011, 03:17 PM
this is a tough phone to work with. there is soon comming a custom cricket monster file for this phone that will get everything done with one click.it will be for sale of course,and be released in a couple of weeks or so.check the for sale section.as far as the free solution your problems sound to me like you need to edit the mentioned vn items. use cdma workshop memory section for this.

whitey10tc
01-07-2011, 03:28 PM
ok I'm getting "National Access Coverage is not Available" just the member replied in the 1st page of the Thread .. is it something missing in the settings or what is the deal ??
Please review and replay
thanks

Thank You for reading and respondingWhen do you receive this message? When *22804? When sending an SMS? When accessing Web? When sending an MMS? Randomly pops ups?

Usually this message is associated with the MMS, if that is the case check the NV files, and the APN's.

vicwire
01-08-2011, 07:20 PM
how do we permently bypass the activation for blur. have 2 devours and they both reset everytime i restart them!! help. also cant download your file tony??

lj27416
01-08-2011, 07:40 PM
my paid solution works. pm me for more info;)

xxSLRxx
01-08-2011, 10:07 PM
my paid solution works. pm me for more info;)

Does your solution resolve the issue with the Devour wiping itself every time you reboot the phone? I work with Supernine and the both of us have encountered a handful of Devours with this issue.

lj27416
01-09-2011, 02:40 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

eric303
02-01-2011, 05:45 PM
has anyone had problem with this where the phone connects with QPST but wont connect with CDMAWS?

manny1110
03-04-2011, 09:39 PM
the key to phone not wiping is to not bypass activation through disabling blur. what you need to do is when on the choose a language screen hit menu and connect to your wifi network. I had luck with my phone OTA on the 45 plan and the model set to cpe feature phone. then you can create a blur acct over wifi and youll be all set.

Wrecked Johnson
03-05-2011, 01:21 PM
mms anyone? i have paid software that dont get it, suppoosed to but that ish aint working. ideas, default.xml? apn? mms.apk? telephony.db? wtf could it be?

changoleon
03-22-2011, 03:54 PM
mms anyone? i have paid software that dont get it, suppoosed to but that ish aint working. ideas, default.xml? apn? mms.apk? telephony.db? wtf could it be?
not sure but can some one Update The Link In The first Post Its Dead

dukecity
03-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Anyone know to get cdmaws to read this phone? Qpst can, but everytime I try loading the prl into the Devour, I get a message saying "phone not detecting on com port anymore" not sure why this keeps happening but is freaking annoying!

jerboi2
04-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi all, I was wondering if this thread on the devour is Dead, like the link for the NV items?...If it's not is it possinle to have an update to the NV items download. The link is broken as the file is not available...
I have had pretty decent results with the majority of the issues that are common with the Devour..but as far as the net and MMS not so much. Also if i'm out of context I do apologize...usually I keep to myself and just read and search and read and search....oh and laugh alot at the different reactions from people...Thank you in advance for your genius...

xxSLRxx
04-01-2011, 03:37 PM
The devour uses the same NV Items as the droid, droid 2, and droid x. I'm sure you can find a download for one of these.

In all honesty, if you are having problems with web/mms, I'd suggest just switching the Cricket plan to the $55 dollar android plan and calling it a day. All the steps would be the same (besides configuring the proxy); and from my experience, this method a lot more stable.

xxSLRxx
04-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Anyone know to get cdmaws to read this phone? Qpst can, but everytime I try loading the prl into the Devour, I get a message saying "phone not detecting on com port anymore" not sure why this keeps happening but is freaking annoying!

I've never been able to read the "main tab" in CDMA WS with this phone. If I absolutely need to see the information that would normally be displayed on the main tab (PRL, MEID, etc.), I'd check on the phone itself.

jerboi2
04-03-2011, 02:20 AM
I just had to post this....It's 12:09am on Sunday morning and I did it! I finally was able to get the Devour fully flashed! Everything now works! WOOT! I still have to say that I really can't stand this phone. After using it now for 3 days it really is driving me crazy. I'm not really that much of a social person so all of the social apps sort of get in the way.Enough said with that..
I will state that I had to rewrite the NV items pretty much from scratch because the download is linked to a missing file. But once I did that it all seemed to be fine, I knew it was working because I actually had the 3G icon up top...Also cricKet had me on some feature phone model...That stopped me from receiving web and mms!
Thanks again everyone! I know there is a tut here at the beginning of this thread but this is still fresh in my mind so if anyone needs help I can pass along any info needed. I also want to say that I have been searching and searching the web for this all to work, and most places don't have much and the ones that do are a paid for solution. Have fun and I know that there are some that just LOVE the Devour, I just don't think I am one of them. I know the Girls do!

eric303
04-03-2011, 02:20 PM
can somone please repost the link on the 1st post, its down.
thanks