PDA

View Full Version : Moto Evoke QA4 - I think I screwed up.

rildin
07-22-2010, 03:17 PM
I activated a moto evoke qa4 on cricket this morning (it's a cricket phone). When I got home I was trying to add music to the sd card, but when I finished, I wanted to copy the dir to the computer hd in case there were problems.

To make a long story short, I ended up cutting/pasting a good bit of what I think is the phone main directory before I caught it and cancelled.

How much damage have I done? At this point, the computer is recognizing the phone anymore when I plug the usb cable in (it was giving options to manage, or view the files, etc).

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Rildin.

crmcsh01
07-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Can you get your computer to recognize it if it is in USB Mode? If so you should try to flash the monster file to it

rildin
07-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Can you get your computer to recognize it if it is in USB Mode? If so you should try to flash the monster file to it

Any cable I plug into it gives a "Unauthorized Charger" warning (even the moto charger that came with the phone).

whitey10tc
07-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Is the phone functioning?

rildin
07-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Is the phone functioning?

Yes, the phone is on, and everything seems to be working right now. The differences I see are that the phone is no longer recognized when I plug it into the computer with the micro-usb cable, and I get the "unauthorized charger" message when I plug in either the micro-usb cable OR the phone charger. I didn't get these symptoms before I screwed up.

whitey10tc
07-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Have you tried a master reset.

rildin
07-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Have you tried a master reset.

I don't know how to do that, but I have been afraid to even turn the phone off, thinking that it might have enough files missing to not re-boot?