PDA

View Full Version : lookin for help sprint to cricket

HeshWantsCandy
07-18-2010, 09:42 PM
im lookin for help tryin to get a sprint rumor 2 to cricket and heres an idea of where im at:

- i have lgnpst 1.1 lab
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
- i got the latest prl...
- ive got the dll registered, the program recognizes the phone

from there im not really sure where to go..so im wondering what cricket rom i need to put on there and im happy with talk and text thats all im gonna do with it. i dont need the full flash, a basic will do. just want a full size keyboard for a change. And what else do i need to prepare? Once i have the rom am i done? or do i need to edit other files as well? and if i do need to edit, what and how? if im to change those with lgnpst then what how do i find the spc # its looking for? 000000 and 222222 weren't accepted.

thats an image of where im at in my efforts, knowledge, and research. im willing to listen and learn. please help if you can shed some light on this stuff for me :D

thesmitty68521
07-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Let's start by putting this thread in the proper place on the forum. This would belong in the Flashing LG's to Cricket section. Next thing up, in your research you should have found that the LG Rumor 2 does not have a ROM. In fact, I don't really know of any LG's that have a ROM right off hand. They have Bin files.

This phone cannot be fully flashed, it can only be basic flashed. All you need is the drivers for the phone, CDMA Workshop, and the Cricket PRL. Use CDMA Workshop to find the SPC code and then change it to 000000. After that, write the PRL to the phone and change the SID to your local market and you have a phone that is basic flashed to Cricket service.

In the future make sure you post in the right section of the forum and do a lot more research in order to ask a more informed question. All the questions you had were answered right here on this forum.

whitey10tc
07-18-2010, 09:58 PM
For a basic talk and text, it's fairly simple. and this is very brief tutorial.
install the drivers
install CDMA WS 2.7 cracked
connect the phone so the computer reads the phone

in CDMA WS
connect to the com port
click the read button
choose security tab
find the SPC area choose LG Method and click read. This should give you the six digit SPC.
Now click the SPC button and send to phone. "Should now be unlocked"
now change that to six 0's and click SPC, write.
Now goto the other tab click PRL click write and choose your PRL file.
Now goto NAM tab and make the needed changes there.

There's your basic talk/text flash.

HeshWantsCandy
07-18-2010, 10:23 PM
thank you very much you guys thats very helpful. ill give this stuff a shot :D

whitey10tc
07-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Saying it is nice but clicking it is even better.

HeshWantsCandy
07-19-2010, 11:00 AM
alright so earlier i got my hands on cdma workshop 2.7, using that i acquired and changed the spc so i could edit some nam settings. i changed MIN and Dir_number to my cricket phone number, i also changed Name to Cricket, MCC to 310, MNC to 16, SID to 4945, and NID to 2. the phone now goes to cricket service when i dial *2 and a voice tells me to wait a minute while my phone is programmed.. then 3 seconds later tells me it's sorry my phone can't be programmed. am i missing/over looking something else i need? or do i just need to take it in and just get it activated now that it goes on crickets network? bottom line - i want the rumor 2 to become THE phone on my already existing cricket number..

thesmitty68521
07-19-2010, 11:26 AM
alright so earlier i got my hands on cdma workshop 2.7, using that i acquired and changed the spc so i could edit some nam settings. i changed MIN and Dir_number to my cricket phone number, i also changed Name to Cricket, MCC to 310, MNC to 16, SID to 4945, and NID to 2. the phone now goes to cricket service when i dial *2 and a voice tells me to wait a minute while my phone is programmed.. then 3 seconds later tells me it's sorry my phone can't be programmed. am i missing/over looking something else i need? or do i just need to take it in and just get it activated now that it goes on crickets network? bottom line - i want the rumor 2 to become THE phone on my already existing cricket number..

Yes, if the phone isn't activated, it won't program and you won't be able to make calls. As for your settings, I always have the NID at 65535, MCC is 310 and the MNC is 00. I have rarely even had to change those.

HeshWantsCandy
07-19-2010, 10:41 PM
alright so i stopped by a corporate cricket store and brought the rumor 2 in with all my settings still the same as my previous post. told the guy i want to start using this phone on my existing plan, he asked if its for cricket and i said it was cricket ready... he took it for a minute, did his thing and handed it back sayin there ya go yer all good. the phone is now active on my line, texting and talking perfectly :D

gigabyte
04-21-2011, 08:41 AM
For a basic talk and text, it's fairly simple. and this is very brief tutorial.
install the drivers
install CDMA WS 2.7 cracked
connect the phone so the computer reads the phone

in CDMA WS
connect to the com port
click the read button
choose security tab
find the SPC area choose LG Method and click read. This should give you the six digit SPC.
Now click the SPC button and send to phone. "Should now be unlocked"
now change that to six 0's and click SPC, write.
Now goto the other tab click PRL click write and choose your PRL file.
Now goto NAM tab and make the needed changes there.

There's your basic talk/text flash.

I've been reading these forums all night trying to figure out how to flash my girlfriends Sprint LG Rumor 2. I'm an IT professional and have the posts on this board left my baffled, confused or sent me on wild goose chases and dead links. Your post was the best most straight forward and so far seems to have worked perfect. I'm about to go to my local Cricket store and get the $35 talk/text plan for her as soon as the open.

I can dial *2 and *228 and get Cricket now so I think everything should be good when I get to the store. It won't program, but I believe that's because the MDN is set to her old Sprint number since we don't have a cricket account yet.

I just wanted to say thanks for your help.

Wrecked Johnson
04-22-2011, 01:58 AM
*228 is a silly waste of time IMO, just load the newest prl and no need to dial *228. BTW I dont *228 any phone other than the eris and that is to bypass actiwation.