PDA

View Full Version : Moved>>> Samsung Alias Help!! <<<

antaneus
07-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Hello all. I know this is an old phone but a friend of mine using cricket really likes it so I am helping him flash it. The phone was a Verizon phone and I have used some steps that I have found to connect it to Cricket but it seems all the PRL files I have come across either set it back to Verizon, Metro PCS or some other carrier that I am not sure of. Does anyone know how I can write a correct PRL or where I can find one? Again thank you for any assistance you can provide. It is greatly appreciated.

ecneics
07-18-2010, 03:03 PM
You may try each one until one works. I've had the same problem with some of the newer prls and figured someone in the shop over wrote them. I've had success with 01039. It really shouldn't be different by much, but it hasn't given me verizon when I *228. You can just try all the ones at [Only registered and activated users can see links] . They have a pretty extensive list.

whitey10tc
07-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Hello all. I know this is an old phone but a friend of mine using cricket really likes it so I am helping him flash it. The phone was a Verizon phone and I have used some steps that I have found to connect it to Cricket but it seems all the PRL files I have come across either set it back to Verizon, Metro PCS or some other carrier that I am not sure of. Does anyone know how I can write a correct PRL or where I can find one? Again thank you for any assistance you can provide. It is greatly appreciated.Post moved from cricKet/Android/Samsung forum to Samsung cricket forum. Please watch where you post in the future.
Also if you use the search feature or just browse around the cricKet Samsung forum you should be able to find all the info you need.

antaneus
07-18-2010, 03:35 PM
You may try each one until one works. I've had the same problem with some of the newer prls and figured someone in the shop over wrote them. I've had success with 01039. It really shouldn't be different by much, but it hasn't given me verizon when I *228. You can just try all the ones at [Only registered and activated users can see links] . They have a pretty extensive list.

Thank you. I will give it a shot. I am on corolada now and will try that file.

Post moved from cricKet/Android/Samsung forum to Samsung cricket forum. Please watch where you post in the future.
Also if you use the search feature or just browse around the cricKet Samsung forum you should be able to find all the info you need.

thanks

antaneus
07-18-2010, 04:49 PM
ecneics

I tried all the Cricket files on Corolada and it seems that they load but the phone never finds a service point. If I load a Metro PCS file it works. I tried loading a Sprint file but it just returned to Verizon. I think I may have to look more into what needs to be modified as I think I may be missing a step. Thanks again for the assistance.

ecneics
07-18-2010, 04:56 PM
So none are ever connecting? I:m at a loss. It is was connecting and not getting welcome to cricket I'd say try 2284 and 22804, but no connection at all seems odd.

antaneus
07-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Other than putting in the new PRL file is there anything else I would need to do. I am new to this and reading up a lot on it. I have used QPST before to move contacts between phones but this is the first time I am trying to change the carrier.

whitey10tc
07-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Could try
Manually program NAM
SID
NID
PRL.

oz_shadow
08-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Does any one have WAP and MMS on the samsung alias?

Wrecked Johnson
08-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Samsung PST for WAP and MMS on alias

oz_shadow
08-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Samsung PST for WAP and MMS on alias

I have used PST to set the WAP and MMS but no dice. I have checked the settings with some info in this forum and also on HoFo forums but still nothing.
Can someone guide me or post the settings....

Thanks in advance

whitey10tc
08-27-2010, 04:46 PM
I have used PST to set the WAP and MMS but no dice. I have checked the settings with some info in this forum and also on HoFo forums but still nothing.
Can someone guide me or post the settings....

Thanks in advanceHere's a suggestion, post the setting you have and maybe someone can tell you what's wrong. Also if you think all the setting are correct, call cricket verify the ESN is correct with the account and have the setting refreshed.

oz_shadow
08-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks whitey10tc, i will check with cricket first.