PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or does Megaupload suck now?

thesmitty68521
07-18-2010, 02:11 PM
I have used Megaupload for quite awhile now. I really like it because it is fairly simple and easier for free users to download files.

For about the past month, this site has set off the Google Chrome malware alarms for potential adware on the site. Also, everytime I download a file, a pop up comes up talking about how I should join a lottery. And finally, everytime I get a download from here, I run my malware bytes and it shows crap that megaupload has put on my system.

Is anyone else having this problem with Megaupload?

johnnyboy14981
07-18-2010, 02:31 PM
The other thing is from time it downloads a NASTY virus. I got it and it and erased all my exe files. It SUCKED. Took forever to get my stuff back.

whitey10tc
07-18-2010, 02:36 PM
I got the sality virus that piggy backed on a dl from Mega. I prefer 4shared.

Pac3comm1
07-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Thats where I caught the virus from which corrupted the CDMA WS key.dat file and sent me through all that hell I went through a couple weeks back. I would rather use rapidshare. And would encourage everyone else to do so.

wthigon
07-18-2010, 08:46 PM
That's where I got a virus that screwed up all my exe's as well. Took me a while to redownload all my stuff. 4shared is the place to be.

thesmitty68521
07-18-2010, 09:47 PM
I will see if we can't post something to discourage people from Megaupload. 4shared and Rapidshare are decent sites. I will not use Megaupload anymore.

In the future if I see a file that is uploaded from Megaupload, I will download it on an experimental laptop first and then make sure it is okay then reupload it to one of those two sites. Megaupload sucks butt.

johnnyboy14981
07-19-2010, 02:03 AM
HE!! NO WE WON'T LOAD!!! HE!! NO WE WON'T LOAD!!!! #*&% mega. It took forever for me to recover. Is there a way to put a banner somewhere saying use at ur own risk. Bc there are alot of files from here already there. That way atleast the person downloading won't think it was the person posting that did it ya know. Just a thought

Genuwine1976
07-19-2010, 04:13 AM
WOW didn't know it was that bad better start using 4shared then, Thanx for the info guys

youngboi
09-06-2010, 10:42 AM
megaupload has been pretty good for me lately

Wrecked Johnson
09-06-2010, 11:24 AM
You guys need to use protection when going in megaupload that why I use Trojan Fire and Ice to keep myself protected and I hardly know its there.

dilworks
09-13-2010, 12:38 PM
I never had problems with Megaupload, aside of suboptimal download speeds in the recent weeks - seems that there are too many leechers that are hammering very hard those servers with all their free pr0n and gamez :P

I have been using it for quite a few years (a regular in the local anime scene, and now for cellphone stuff too)

Anyway, i use JDownloader for my downloads, and some old version of Mega Manager for my uploads (relax, it's malware-free, but it's quite bloated), so i don't need to deal with that crappy PoS that is the Megaupload UI...

Oh, and i'm a Linux user too :P

4Shared is nice, but their storage limit for free users is way too small for my needs :P Mediafire is also cool, except that you can't upload password-protected RARs (no big deal, actually, but sometimes you need it - for example private stuff). And RapidShare is... EVIL, EVIIIIIIL!!!

TimV26
10-11-2010, 03:08 PM
I don't like it because it never downloads the files when using firefox. It will only download files when using IE, and I hate IE.