PDA

View Full Version : Concerning cricket a200

cpucpu
07-17-2010, 09:43 PM
Hi,
i just bought a cricket(cal comp) a200 cellphone here in mexico, the device was supposed to be used so my guess was it was carrier ready. Also the guy that sold it to me never told me it was locked, i took it to a local carrier but they weren't capable to unlock it.

I came here as a result of looking how to unlock this phone, one search engine result was this thread: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

I downloaded that, but didn't know whats that for

Phone is new, and would like if there is a way to "flash it" (i read this in some sticky thread). Have googled a lot, but not managed much, not even have drivers.

I'll apreciate any information, thanks.

whitey10tc
07-17-2010, 10:48 PM
To flash it you will need to first know some basics and also have the basics.

Basics to know:
What your carriers setting are. Is it CDMA or GSM, if the carrier is GSM this phone won't work.
Does the carrier require the spc to be six 0's or is it unique and assigned by the carrier.
How to operate programs in a Windows environment.
How to follow instructions and modify them to suite your needs.

Basics you will need to have:
Phone
Data cable
Drivers
A PST program. (CDMA WS 3.5.5 is recommended but not free)
Patience. A-lot of patience.

cpucpu
07-18-2010, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the reply.
I'm ok with windows, and procedure execution. Carrier is CDMA. Don't know about spc number, is there a way to find whether it's generic or not?
I think i have basics, exept for PST software, aside from CDMA worshop what other program could work? I got this phone from 300 pesos, about 20 bucks, i just look at the cdms-ware website, this soft seems more pros oriented, i'm just one time user.

whitey10tc
07-18-2010, 01:49 AM
You can check with your carrier for the PST setting and SPC/MSL info.
You can also try any of the following for PST Software:
CDMA WS 2.7 cracked
QPST
UniCDMA
and many others posted in the CDMA flashing software forum.

cpucpu
07-18-2010, 02:00 AM
ok, i'll look for them, any further instructions, or do i need the pst sowftare first for specific info?

bigglou23
07-18-2010, 02:14 AM
Now when you say "locked" do you mean the 4 digit user password or the 6 digit msl/spc?

cpucpu
07-18-2010, 04:06 AM
with locked i mean that device is in some way tied to an specific carrier, or at least that i can't activate it with another.

captainkirks
07-18-2010, 12:55 PM
if your looking for the msl try 333333

cpucpu
07-18-2010, 01:59 PM
I actually tried with the above metion spc generator, but my decice has Meid and pesudo-psn, not psn. I'll try with numbers you gave me.

thesmitty68521
07-18-2010, 02:06 PM
If it is a Cricket A200, then the carrier is obviously Cricket. As for the SPC/MSL, it is likely either 000000 or 333333. The next thing you will need, as Whitey mentioned is the software. Finally, you will need the PRL of your carrier. Just google your carrier followed by PRL and you will be able to find that. For that particular phone, I would just get the Drivers, QPST, and PRL. The rest is fairly simple.

The main problem you might have is finding the drivers. The susteen drivers work for some but not all Cal Comp phones. I haven't been able to find the drivers for this particular model. But then I haven't looked very hard either because I don't really need to do much with the A200

cpucpu
07-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Well i have now finally got everything required.
As smitty68521 said drivers were the most difficult to find, seemingly there are no official a200 drivers. But A100 drivers work as well: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Phone was recognized as SURF6050-ZRF at COM6 port. I was already capable to take phone screen captures on QPST!

Could you give further instructions, there are lots of programs in QSPT intall folder but have no idea how to proceed. It might have something to do with loading .prl at RL Editor.

By the way EFS explorer is giving incorrect SPC code error, O_o ?

billt2last
07-22-2010, 08:48 AM
I have the a200, but a pre-paid model. You need the spc from cricket. 333333 is no good, and nothing I have tried lets me view the spc even bitpim.

cpucpu
07-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi everyone, good news!
I just called cricket 1.800.27.42.538 (first i went to paygo customer service, then they took me to technical support, then they took me to paygo technical support) over SKYPE and exposed my problem. They gave me what they know as "Unlocking numbers", so here i bring you what seems to be cricket's general SPC codes: 333333 or 047711

Lat number was the one i needed, now i'm capable to download camera pictures, but can't upload nor download any other type of media contents (ringtones, images, games).

Anyway, could anyone point me to what's next so that i can change phone's PRL?

cpucpu
07-22-2010, 09:50 PM
I just found a tutorial about this, but don't know whether intructions are the same for my phone [Only registered and activated users can see links] i don't want to mess up anything.
It says prl must be loaded with 'Service programming' at 'roam' tab, and then 'write to phone'. But what about 'NAM name', 'Directory #', 'Access overload class' features at same tab?

Also, i'm curious about what happens if i input a 'phone number' under 'CMDA' or 'AMPS' on same 'service programer'? is that what carrier does to set the line?