PDA

View Full Version : Hijack Split>>u2nl discussion >>> from Evo text, web and all apps.

lj27416
07-12-2010, 12:10 PM
i understand.
but as u can see before cain and to0 got this working there was no UTUNNEL for android.(u2nl)
and as u can see clearly this guys stated and i quote:
"My solution does contain U2nl which was compiled by to0 without his work on android none of the android solutions would be possible."
u2nl is property of to0 and belongs to him. if the solutions are still for sale, what makes us think that just because we know how to adb, or how the flash works, that we can just share
u2nl?
view u2nl in hexeditor and u will see its signed by to0.
if i am wrong and to0 is ok with this, then more power to you!
if not i think its not fair to be doing this.
and i know whiterabbit posted his u2nl free, but from what i heard he just hexedited to0's name out, so i heard....
well enough said, if you like to allow this mods, then go ahead.

LJ

lj27416
07-12-2010, 01:42 PM
by the way i have spoken to cain several times and he said NOT ITS NOT OK to use to0's u2nl. just fyi

kc720
07-12-2010, 01:46 PM
there are more than 1 version of u2nl. actually the first time i ever saw u2nl being used was beezlewaxin's pre solution. that was WAY before the android solutions were out and about

lj27416
07-12-2010, 02:09 PM
yes beezle compiled one for WEBOS.
but i was talking about u2nl for ANDROID.
u2nl has been around for a long time kc
just not for android.

whiterabbit
08-12-2010, 08:00 PM
and i know whiterabbit posted his u2nl free, but from what i heard he just hexedited to0's name out, so i heard....You heard wrong. As far as I know, to0 was the one who came up with the solution for the motorola droid on cricket first. U2nl was not a creation of to0 though, and was already well known. When I saw the subject come up on howardforums, I downloaded the u2nl source code from the author's web site. It is freely available under the terms of the GPL. I already had the android sdk for linux set up at that time, so all I had to do was download the agcc wrapper for gcc, made a small change to the Makefile and u2nl.c, and it compiled for me.

U2nl was not stolen. The Android SDK and u2nl are both free downloads, and the SDK can easily be used to compile u2nl. I have been using linux for 15 years, and compiling a program is one of the easiest things to do in linux. The idea of hex editing someone else's binary instead of just compiling it myself is ridiculous.

I don't have to0's u2nl binary so I can't compare them, but I doubt they are the same unless we had identical build environments. The newest binary is compiled using a patch from balazer on howardforums to fix zombie processes, and will naturally be even more different because of that bug fix. There have also been other improvements since the to0 solution including the wifi fix (switch back and forth without any problems) and autostart battery issue fix (autostart is now killed so it can't run down your battery). There are MMS fixes that involve routing MMS around u2nl being investigated right now by token419.

To0 deserves credit for what he did. Nobody has the right to say he didn't have u2nl working on the droid first, but people who came after him and accomplished the same things and even more with freely available software don't deserve to have untrue things said about them. I don't believe that was your goal, but right now this is the third result in google when you search for u2nl android, so I felt the need to respond.