PDA

View Full Version : Moved>>> Palm Pre on Cricket - Setting up Data Connection - Gray Ev/1x symbol

cachaca
07-15-2010, 05:43 AM
I have
I have followed most guides that came up on Google searches... and most of them are wrong and/or incomplete.

I have my phone on Cricket, and I can make/receive Voice calls and send/receive txt.

Yesterday I believed I had finally gotten data to work... but alas, I was wrong.

The phone does seem to create a data connection, I even have an IP address in the stack:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
ppp0 Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
inet addr:10.98.9.201 P-t-P:172.29.98.34 Mask:255.255.255.255
UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST MTU:1480 Metric:1
RX packets:8 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:25 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
RX bytes:752 (752.0 B) TX bytes:1646 (1.6 KiB)

HOWEVER, I am still unable to use the data connection...

I do notice that the Ev icon flashes from White to Gray several times before going to Gray and staying there.

I am not a CDMA guru, but it is as if only 1/2 of the handshaking is done at this point, and the Gray state means that the second half of the authentication/handshake is failing.

##DEBUG# shows me what appears to be a healthy connection, with AAA authenticated and even an IP address.

I Have used ##EVDO# to set different data connection protocols, and all of them (1x, Hybrids, EVDO only) yield the same result. (Gray flashing).

Has anybody gotten to this point... and actually found the fix?

Can anybody point me to the location in the filesystem where some sort of CDMA data connection Log is kept? I am fairly networking savvy, and if I can understand why the handshake is failing, I will fix it.

Any help would be greatly approeciated.

Cheers!

cachaca
07-17-2010, 10:29 PM
So... the data connection is workingin in some level.
I can perform name resolution and ping specific hosts.

for instance, ping wap.mycricket.com returns valid pings from 10.132.25.254

Piing [Only registered and activated users can see links] properly translates to 74.125.157.99, but the pings time out.

None of my phone apps can retrieve data from the Internet.

The firewall tables built in to the phone are actually rather lengthy... but I did not spot anything that would prevent me from browsing.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
target prot opt source destination
ALLOWED_PACKETS all -- anywhere anywhere
INVALID_PACKETS all -- 127.0.0.0/8 anywhere
REJECT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:auth flags:FIN,SYN,RST,ACK/SYN state NEW reject-with tcp-reset
DROP tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpts:4444:4445
ALLOWED_PACKETS all -- anywhere anywhere state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ALLOWED_PACKETS icmp -- anywhere anywhere icmp echo-reply state NEW
ALLOWED_PACKETS icmp -- anywhere anywhere limit: avg 1/sec burst 5 icmp echo-reply
ALLOWED_PACKETS icmp -- anywhere anywhere icmp destination-unreachable state NEW
ALLOWED_PACKETS icmp -- anywhere anywhere limit: avg 1/sec burst 5 icmp destination-unreachable
ALLOWED_PACKETS icmp -- anywhere anywhere icmp source-quench state NEW
ALLOWED_PACKETS icmp -- anywhere anywhere limit: avg 1/sec burst 5 icmp source-quench
ALLOWED_PACKETS icmp -- anywhere anywhere icmp redirect state NEW
ALLOWED_PACKETS icmp -- anywhere anywhere limit: avg 1/sec burst 5 icmp redirect
ICMPFLOOD icmp -- anywhere anywhere icmp echo-request state NEW
ALLOWED_PACKETS icmp -- anywhere anywhere icmp time-exceeded state NEW
ALLOWED_PACKETS icmp -- anywhere anywhere limit: avg 1/sec burst 5 icmp time-exceeded
ALLOWED_PACKETS tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:5353
ALLOWED_PACKETS udp -- anywhere anywhere udp dpt:5353
ALLOWED_PACKETS tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:daap
ALLOWED_PACKETS udp -- anywhere anywhere udp dpt:daap
ALLOWED_PACKETS tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp flags:RST/RST
LOG all -- anywhere anywhere limit: avg 3/sec burst 5 LOG level debug prefix `IPT_PACKET_DROPPED_NO_MATCH: '
QUEUE all -- anywhere anywhere

I am at the end of the rope here... if anybody has any ideas... I am willing to give it a go.

whitey10tc
07-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Moved to the cricket Palm forum. Please review the posted rules and post in correct area.

ten0rplaya04
07-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Are you sure the proxy has been set? I don't know much about the Palm's, but on most of the phones you need the proxy properly configured to route requests to wap.mycricket.com:8080. I know for a fact that you can resolve names and have the incorrect proxy settings to access said sites. You'll see them and be connected to the network, but your browser (or phone) settings need modification.

fabulous801
08-09-2010, 05:57 PM
how do you configure proxy on those?