PDA

View Full Version : businessnameusa.com is it real/legit?

ownmart
07-11-2010, 12:49 AM
it looks kinda cheaply put together but its one of the number one hits on google, anyone ever use it?

mobylon
07-11-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm not sure about businessnameusa.com, but you can DIY by going to the website below(California only):
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

leadnerd
07-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Nope. Never used it myself. Does look shabily done though. Also Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to [Only registered and activated users can see links]
for detailed information.

Domain Name: BUSINESSNAMEUSA.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Name Server: DNS1.STABLETRANSIT.COM
Name Server: DNS2.STABLETRANSIT.COM
Updated Date: 17-may-2009
Creation Date: 22-jun-2003
Expiration Date: 22-jun-2018

so at least the name is been in use for a few years at least.

But reading just a fewof [Only registered and activated users can see links]=en&source=hp&q=complaints+businessnameusa.com&aq=f&aqi=g1g-m2&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CIa2wcAs6TK62FaLGigOmvIDuAgAAAKoEBU_Qaolt&fp=4b53d993194b88d I would stay away from them. If you are curious as to what you need to start a business in your home area check with the department of Licensing in your home state.

ownmart
07-11-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure about businessnameusa.com, but you can DIY by going to the website below(California only):
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

this is very useful, thank you!

whitey10tc
07-11-2010, 03:04 PM
I just did their tutorial/questionnaire "fictitiously" using the information for my industry as a freight broker. The information it returned was incomplete. According to them I need a business license, tax ID, and a DBA.

In reality a freight broker requires
DBA
Business license for each state based in
tax license for each state doing business in
Insurance
DOT MC numbers
DOT number
Process agents for every state
Dot approved insurance
and the list goes on.

So any site that offers a service like this but then returns incomplete information I would not recommend.

alasfar1
07-27-2010, 01:06 PM
why don't you get an online degree?

whitey10tc
07-27-2010, 01:24 PM
why don't you get an online degree?Huh? Online degree? In what?

tom57
11-06-2010, 01:17 PM
it looks kinda cheaply put together but its one of the number one hits on google, anyone ever use it?

VERY helpful site.. I started a catering service for my home and they help me get my dba, seller's permit and business license.

I took a quick and easy online quiz and found out what I needed to start... I highly recommend businessnameusa.com

THANKS BUSINESSNAMEUSA.COM

tom57
11-06-2010, 01:18 PM
VERY helpful site.. I started a catering service for my home and they help me get my dba, seller's permit and business license.

I took a quick and easy online quiz and found out what I needed to start... I highly recommend businessnameusa.com

THANKS BUSINESSNAMEUSA.COM

thesmitty68521
11-06-2010, 02:13 PM
I finally got tapatalk! Yeah this website is pretty useful

Sent from my flashed iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr._Pseudonym
11-06-2010, 04:30 PM
:^/ When it comes to domain name registration, the thing that frosts me is that I'll test a potential domain name by searching for it on an Internet search engine such as Google, et. al., and some robot will intercept the query, register the domain name in its name, then generate a page offering to sell it do me. No, thanks.