PDA

View Full Version : Phone Swap

blackberry116
07-09-2010, 06:06 PM
So, I bought a Blackberry on eBay with the hopes to switch the service from my Motorola phone to the Blackberry. When I went to Sprint they said the esn on the Blackberry was bad and that they wouldn't be able to do it. Is there a way for me to do the swap myself? **Mod Edit** I would really appreciate it if you guys pointed me in the right direction **Mod Edit**. Thank you.

whitey10tc
07-09-2010, 06:55 PM
So, I bought a Blackberry on eBay with the hopes to switch the service from my Motorola phone to the Blackberry. When I went to Sprint they said the esn on the Blackberry was bad and that they wouldn't be able to do it. Is there a way for me to do the swap myself? **Mode Edit** I would really appreciate it if you guys pointed me in the right direction **Mod Edit**. Thank you.I will refer you to the posted rules linked down below in my signature. Discussions of this nature are against forum rules and could land you in hot water legally criminally.
Thead closed

thesmitty68521
07-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Consider this a warning. ANY requests to change the ESN of a phone, cloning a phone, or generating an ESN is not only against forum rules but also against the law. It also puts our forum in jeopardy. We are cracking down on this pretty hard.

My advice would be to look at the listing on Ebay again and see if the seller said it could be activated on Sprint and if he/she did then they need to issue you a refund. If you are on the lookout for a Sprint phone, then look around locally on Craigslist or some other classified publication. That way you can meet the person at the Sprint store and know that it can be activated.

I hope you get everything worked out.