PDA

View Full Version : Help fixing wifi tether on cricket flashed droid

johnnyboy14981
07-09-2010, 10:42 AM
I just reflashed my droid, and haven't found much on exactly how to fix wifi tether. I have bugless beast v.4 2.1 rom. Flashed to cricket I am using chevy1 1ghz kernal, and I am getting :lodaing tiwlan_drv.ko,activating wifi, setting adhoc mode, setting essid, and setting channel all failed. If somone could please share how they got theirs to work. Also if there is a difference between fixing it on a 2.1 rom, and a 2.2 rom. Any help would be very appreciated.. Thanks!

johnnyboy14981
07-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Wow. is there not a resolution for this yet. I thought wifi had been figured out on the droid flashes. I only opened this thread because I had found some vague descriptions but nothing that actually tells people what the fix is, and I know alot of other people that don't know either. Again any input is always appreciated..

lj27416
07-10-2010, 02:45 PM
you need to have a kernel that supports netfiler in order for wifitether to work correctly.
hint*
look for a rom with wifi tether included in /system/
most likely it has a kernel that supports netfiler.
good luck

johnnyboy14981
07-11-2010, 04:00 PM
you need to have a kernel that supports netfiler in order for wifitether to work correctly.
hint*
look for a rom with wifi tether included in /system/
most likely it has a kernel that supports netfiler.
good luck

Thanks for the help!! I did that both with a rom that included wifi tether and still got numerous errors, and also used many kernals that were said to support wifi tether and nothing. Could you recommend a kernal to use that is confirmed to work. Also is this the ONLY thing needed. The phone was fully functional when on 2.0.1 since the update the only issue is wifitether. This is maybe another reason for this thread. There's alot of things out there but nothing I have found that says to use this and do this and it will work. Everything so far has been very vague. As always any and all help is appreciated.

whitey10tc
07-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Johnny What ROM and Kernel are you running also you talk about an update, was that the OTA update. Have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling wifi tether?

johnnyboy14981
07-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Johnny What ROM and Kernel are you running also you talk about an update, was that the OTA update. Have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling wifi tether?

Sorry I listed it in the first post. Here they are I have bugless beast v.4, 2.1 rom. Flashed to cricket I am using chevy1 1ghz kernal, and I am getting tiwlan_drv.ko,activating wifi, setting adhoc mode, setting essid, and setting channel all failed. All I meant by the update was that I had 2.0.1 working perfectly. Then I updated to the bugless beast rom and now I lost wifi. I have tried other kernals that said they supported wifi tethering and got the same thing. I searched about netfiler as well, but nothing really saying what to do. Or how to fix the wifitethering. ????

whitey10tc
07-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Sorry I listed it in the first post. Here they are I have bugless beast v.4, 2.1 rom. Flashed to cricket I am using chevy1 1ghz kernal, and I am getting tiwlan_drv.ko,activating wifi, setting adhoc mode, setting essid, and setting channel all failed. All I meant by the update was that I had 2.0.1 working perfectly. Then I updated to the bugless beast rom and now I lost wifi. I have tried other kernals and the same thing.What is it clocked at. Try clocking it at 250 -800 and see if that helps any. I always use the Smoke glass ROM and adams kernel and clock at those speeds and never have issues. When I try to go higher on the clock speeds I always get the errors.

johnnyboy14981
07-11-2010, 09:14 PM
I tried it at 750-250 and 900-250 and the errors I get are: loading tiwlan_drv.ko failed, activating WIFI interface failed, settings ad-hoc mode failed, setting essid failed, and setting channel failed. Where would I find adams kernal. Your talking about the smoked glass 2.1 rom right? If so then I should be able to use it with my 2.1 rom then. Thanks again for the help Whitey I really appreciate it. So if I find the right kernal thats all thats needed. I guess I just assumed that it would take more to fix it. One last thing I can't set to 800 it goes 250, 400, 550, 600, 750, 900, and 1000. I don't know if that matters.

whitey10tc
07-11-2010, 09:35 PM
There could be other issues but I would start with uninstalling the APK and reinstalling it. Then install the smoked glass 2.1, it has the adamz kernel.
It could also stem back to something with the phone. I've heard rumors of some droids having software and hardware issues lately.

johnnyboy14981
07-11-2010, 10:30 PM
There could be other issues but I would start with uninstalling the APK and reinstalling it. Then install the smoked glass 2.1, it has the adamz kernel.
It could also stem back to something with the phone. I've heard rumors of some droids having software and hardware issues lately.

GREAT. I did that and also installed the P3droid 1ghz kernal and all is well!!!! I can't believe it really is just about finding the right kernal. Thanks ALOT for the help bro. Have a nice evening. I think we should keep this thread up for people to post what rom and kernal they are having success with. Maybe it would help people in the future. Also here's some links to kernal pages I found. Thanks again. P3D: [Only registered and activated users can see links] Froyo Chevy: [Only registered and activated users can see links]