PDA

View Full Version : lg vx9200 OTA Programming, db Hex Edit or Firmware Flash?

pcwebiz
07-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum but I have done a few searches before I present you with my question. I have a VX9200 and I have Used a Hex Editor to allow me to change the WAP Settings. I registered it with PagePlus and Most everything works great. There are still a few options I do not have that require Brew or some additional add on.

My question. Does PagePlus offer a Firmware customized its own or do they simply use VZW firmware and adjust your settings in when programming? OTA worked great but I had to manually edit my own WAP.

I have not found any such firmware from PagePlus so far.

Thanks

PCWEBIZ:confused:

whitey10tc
07-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the forum,
I moved your post to the Page Plus forum, I don't believe that they have any specific firmware for your device.
I don't flash for pageplus so I don't know the correct setting. But I'm sure one of the regular PP guys here will make some suggestions. Just give them time.

ownmart
07-08-2010, 09:23 PM
you should be able to edit it fine with lgnpst or lg download just change the vzw settings I forget the exact ones but its a small tweak, passwords stay the same

whatsoever
07-24-2010, 12:42 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Cappii
07-28-2010, 03:13 PM
[B]
My question. Does PagePlus offer a Firmware customized its own or do they simply use VZW firmware and adjust your settings in when programming? OTA worked great but I had to manually edit my own WAP.PCWEBIZ:confused:

Page Plus branded phones use a generic "monster" firmware for their branded phones, with the exception of the Kyocera's. I have not found a single instance, however, where the Verizon firmware didn't work better, even if they are crippled. If I get my hands on another true Page Plus phone, I will try to find the BREW settings for them. It would likely have to be changed in BITPIM as well. The BREW settings may or may not be phone specific, and in saying that, i would tell you to proceed at your own risk.