PDA

View Full Version : Metro PCS wap settings update

Pac3comm1
07-07-2010, 09:45 PM
It came to my attention today that a flashed blackberry will no longer access the internet due to a change Metro PCS made to the user name and password. This comes from a trusted source, although I have not received any calls from customers about the matter. However, in the event that such should become a hinderance to you and your customers, I have been informed of the change. The password as we know it, supposedly will no longer be metropcs. It is supposed to be the SPC/MSL code of the phone. I have not had a chance to test this, so if anyone experiences issues with the wap, please try this solution and post the results. Thank you in advance.

love2sin
07-07-2010, 10:37 PM
The password as we know it, supposedly will no longer be metropcs. It is supposed to be the SPC/MSL code of the phone. I have not had a chance to test this, so if anyone experiences issues with the wap, please try this solution and post the results. Thank you in advance.

On a flashed Handset would the SPC/ MSL be " 000000 "

Pac3comm1
07-07-2010, 11:45 PM
correct if you set it to Zero. Try that first.

love2sin
07-07-2010, 11:50 PM
correct if you set it to Zero. Try that first.

" 000000 " = SPC on Houdini Handsets

XXXXXX = MSL

ESN / MEID + Metropcs Calulator will give you the MSL

whitey10tc
07-07-2010, 11:56 PM
I just tested it on a device and no luckWhich one did you test, the SPC or MSL. They are different.

love2sin
07-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Which one did you test, the SPC or MSL. They are different.

i'm gonna test in a few. Just finishing up a BB flash. Will post

davidmk81
07-08-2010, 12:04 AM
MSL works! back up and running,, thanks!

love2sin
07-08-2010, 12:40 AM
MSL works! back up and running,, thanks!

MSL WORKS !!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

techcompsolutions
07-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Funny the first person to post the answer to the problem in this forum doesnt receive credit for it and HoFo And MF dating on this solution is later than the original Post SO Hmmm Seems Thanks is owed to pacecomm1 So Thanks Pacecomm1 for the answer to the issue so quickly

Pac3comm1
07-13-2010, 04:57 PM
No worries. Actually, I had a little help from a customer who also found the same post over on HOFO. Im more interested in making sure that my fellow flashers over here on the GURU channel can find it in their home kitchen instead of fishing! Glad to see you here Tech. Welcome back to the flash world!