PDA

View Full Version : lg vx8700 firmware update

Spiderman
07-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Trying to load firmware v03 on phone. Have v03 file & dll_Ver_0_1_32_0.msi. LGNPST will find phone & correct model,but correct dll not showing up when trying to select dll. Do I need generic dll also? If so any link where I can find it?

thesmitty68521
07-08-2010, 12:04 AM
The VX8700 seems like an LG Download instead of the LGNPST. Try to put that dll in the proper folder and use LG Download. I have flashed several of those and always used the LG Download.

Hope this helps

Spiderman
07-08-2010, 06:51 PM
LG Download require high speed internet? Don't have. I have the gerneric dll now. Installed both dll's in model/vx8700 file & installed. Still won't show dll in LGNPST. Detects phone/model # correctly yet.

thesmitty68521
07-08-2010, 07:00 PM
LG Download require high speed internet? Don't have. I have the gerneric dll now. Installed both dll's in model/vx8700 file & installed. Still won't show dll in LGNPST. Detects phone/model # correctly yet.

LD Download doesn't require highspeed internet at all. It is simply the older version of LG's tools used to program phones. LGNPST is the newer version. As I said in my post yesterday, the 8700 will read in the LG Download but WILL NOT read in the LGNPST. Once you get a copy of the LG Download, you will be able to see the phone. Pretty simple.

Spiderman
07-08-2010, 10:11 PM
ok, downloading LG Download Professional 1.3.6.3. Hope this helps,right program. May be tomorrow before I find out. Just want to update simple phone for family member to use on pageplus.

ownmart
07-08-2010, 10:48 PM
ok, downloading LG Download Professional 1.3.6.3. Hope this helps,right program. May be tomorrow before I find out. Just want to update simple phone for family member to use on pageplus.

you shouldnt need to update a phone to use on a different carrier

Spiderman
07-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks for everyones help. Got new firmware loaded thru lg download. Already had phone on pageplus. Just like to have latest firmware. Also supposed to support larger micro sd card.

thesmitty68521
07-10-2010, 01:12 AM
Thanks for everyones help. Got new firmware loaded thru lg download. Already had phone on pageplus. Just like to have latest firmware. Also supposed to support larger micro sd card.

I'm glad you are up and running. But be aware that hitting the thanks button not only saves you time but also makes sure whoever helped you out is also recognized.

Spiderman
07-11-2010, 09:24 PM
I believe I already thank-you'd for the help in this post. And I thank'd other members(I clicked the Thanks button) for files/program needed to update phone. Not sure why you thanked ownmart? I know I didn't have to update firmware to use with pageplus. Just like latest firmware on phones. Once again,thank-you all.

rlabrie
12-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Hi, you guys seem very knowledgeable about this and I am not! My original Verizon vx 8700 lost its sound clarity, just wore out. I bought a used one online from a reputable dealer, but it is set to some other flash or firmware or something (again, I don't understand this part of it). I did go to the store and they upgraded the software to v03. However, the phone will not download backup assistant or go to the web to get any apps. Also, if I choose "metallic" in the display section, it says "Flash content is not found. Display set to default." So it only has the one display with the red "V.' I just want to get backup assist downloaded and bring my contacts in, but the phone seems to be set up differently. Also, the supplier said they just set all phones back to factory specs, but maybe there was a special Verizon spec at the time? Help!!