PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Motorola Q Flashing Fail

markymark805
07-07-2010, 05:04 AM
Okay, I got at least 10 Sprint Motorola Q's ive been trying to put a Verizon monster onto. Each time I get near the end of the flash I get a fail on them all. Some have software issues already, some dont. Just want them to be Verizon so I can sell them for Page Plus.

Now, I have flashed several other Sprint ones with no problems and even reflashed Verizon ones just to start clean and no problems.

I have used/tried to do them on several different versions of RSD Lite, but doesnt seem to have made a difference. All of the versions where various 3 series ones. And I dont remember what the latest version I got my PC i normally flash on has.

Any ideas? Should I try going even farther back (even older) in the versions of RSD Lite?

I thought this was discussed already, but i guess it was related to more about getting stuck in bootloader mode. These arent stuck in bootloader at all just keep getting Fail's.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PeteKT
07-07-2010, 10:05 AM
I got about 50 like this, good luck i cant find anything to fix them

drkcobra
07-07-2010, 04:54 PM
It is simple use MSU standalone, that is the Verizon version of the Q and then put whatever firmware on them you want. Just put it in bootloadet if it isnt already and run MSU. I have yet to find one that it wont recover unless it is bad due to hardwre issues.

thesmitty68521
07-08-2010, 12:34 AM
This has been covered in two other threads on this forum as well. No offense but searching is a must. If we start posting stuff on here before we search it is going to make it incredibly difficult for those who actually search to find their answer.

deeznut35
07-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Download and install Device Security Manager Powertoy for Windows Mobile 5.0 from Microsoft. This is a nifty utility to show what security policy is in effect. It worked for me. Im lookiing for MOTOROLA Q MONSTER PACK COULD ANY ONE HELP ME ON THAT IF SO THANKS GOD BLESS.

thesmitty68521
07-21-2010, 02:37 AM
Download and install Device Security Manager Powertoy for Windows Mobile 5.0 from Microsoft. This is a nifty utility to show what security policy is in effect. It worked for me. Im lookiing for MOTOROLA Q MONSTER PACK COULD ANY ONE HELP ME ON THAT IF SO THANKS GOD BLESS.

Start your own thread if you are looking for a monster file for the Q. This is considered thread hijacking and is against forum rules. Here is a link that might give you what you need:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]