PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get parts for repair?

cellfonepimp
07-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Instead of buying direct from the manufacturers, I wanted to know if anyone can give some names of companies I can get replacement parts for most or all the phones, ie. charger ports and LCDs mainly.

I googled but mainly found online repair facilities and not just parts, Im authorized to buy from Moto but in past experiences always found items cheaper elsewhere.

Also, on the charging port for the micro and mini-usb, if I buy from Moto is it the same type for all micro and minis on non-Motos? Done properly stripping charging ports from phones, will they work right on the new handset?

Thanks in advance.

love2sin
07-06-2010, 08:10 PM
1. Ebay is a pretty good bet for Lcds. I would try to order from a U.S shipper. Parts shipped from China take about 14-21days to receive. (I can't wait that long.........................)

2. The Micro or Mini ports will NOT work on ALL phones (Blackberry will work with Sidekick LX System Connector / USB Charging Port)

3. Mirco ports are a MoFo to repair 20/80 success rate

4. Stripping ports ??? WHY ?? a new Port is only $2 - $4

whitey10tc
07-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Saw this one posted in the chat box a while back so I bookmarked it.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
I don't remember who posted it there.

love2sin
07-07-2010, 12:47 AM
I dont know if anybody has noticed but a lot of parts being sold as A Stock I think this means used. Test your parts when they come in and make sure they are working. I like to stock parts and sometimes I don't use them for a while. By the time i ready to use the part it sucks to find out that it dosent work and good luck trying to return them and get your $$ back or even an exchange.

Check whats best for you

Copy and paste:

cdphonehome.com

Ebay.com

Globaldirectparts.com

Gounlock.com

skystartrade.com

tessco.com

Wirelesspartsinc.com

cellfonepimp
04-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Just an update to this:

wirelesspartsinc.com sells garbage, they really do. Flex cables really are bad and some digitizers as well, Ive lost alot of money using these idiots. One good thing about them, shippping is fst as hell!

globaldirectparts so far seems ok

I found one that is pretty ok to use but slow shipping, cellularpartsusa.com

Search is still on for one that provides all requirements, price, quality and speed.

love2sin
04-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I agree 100% agree WP parts give too many problems. Flex cables are always bad

captainkirks
04-01-2011, 10:17 PM
I agree 100% agree WP parts give too many problems. Flex cables are always bad

I they told me I was the only one who had trouble with there parts, The digitizer are the only thing I have had luck with from them. Housing and flex are junk

Globaldirectparts.com is great but slow shipping, I only use them for parts I stock. Tessco is also good but limited inventory. If Globaldirectparts.com could speed up there shipping they would be perfect. Not the cheapest but never any trouble with there parts. Just for you know they don't ship the order for 5 - 7 days after you place it. They are honest and they tell you that up front.

markymark805
04-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Ive only ever had problems with WP as well.

I have always been happy with skystartrade though and there customer service reps. some of the prices are a bit higher then other places, but worth it sometimes.

MsGifted
05-22-2011, 04:33 PM
I have had a good experience with [Only registered and activated users can see links]