PDA

View Full Version : A little ADB assistance please

johnnyboy14981
07-03-2010, 11:24 AM
So I'm familiar with adb. But I am trying to figure out why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have the drivers installed. Usually when I am doing a flash it's ok. But when I just want to push a couple things to a phone it doesn't see it. I have debugging on, and everything is right from what I see. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. So far it's happened with the hero, and the droid

kc720
07-03-2010, 11:44 AM
post the commands u are using along with at which directory. so that we can see what the errors are. screen shots would be great

johnnyboy14981
07-03-2010, 07:24 PM
it's real simple i am just trying to list the phone. The directory is C:\android-sdk-windows\tools I am just doing a adb devices command to list the phone and it doesnt see it. So if I run a any other commands it says device not found. I checked the drivers, and the phone is in debugging mode. I can't think of anything else. Is there a specific adb driver for motorola or something. It has worked on this comp in the past, I just can't figure out what has changed???

whitey10tc
07-04-2010, 02:40 AM
it's real simple i am just trying to list the phone. The directory is C:\android-sdk-windows\tools I am just doing a adb devices command to list the phone and it doesnt see it. So if I run a any other commands it says device not found. I checked the drivers, and the phone is in debugging mode. I can't think of anything else. Is there a specific adb driver for motorola or something. It has worked on this comp in the past, I just can't figure out what has changed???What Device? Moto Droid? HTC? LG?
For the Moto Droid, I would recommend using the following [Only registered and activated users can see links] and remove all drivers for HTC, Sanyo, Samsung, sustain, and also remove any motorola drivers and reinstall.
I only ask about the Droid in particular because I had the same problem and it took me over a week to figure it out and finally had to0 help me with a teamviewer and that's what did it.
Also check in the device manager and see if you have an adb interface and it's functioning, on the phone unmount the SD card,
check usb debugging and check from unknown sources.