PDA

View Full Version : Updating a flashed VZW 2200

Gatevs
08-03-2015, 07:06 PM
Hello everyone! I had a question about this device, can I update it to the newest version? I'm asking because I think that by updating the device may get desconfigured. Also, I already searched the forums but I didn't find anything related to my question. I bought this device from someone else, so I didn't flash it.

Pardon my ignorance, I'm new to MiFis.

rich hathaway
08-03-2015, 07:29 PM
most of those have been updated already, but if you reload to current or any other duu you are going to need to fix a few things to keep your flash working after the load.

Gatevs
08-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the info! So is it safe to update?, I was planning to update using VZAccess is that ok or should I use something else?

xwariox
05-05-2016, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the info! So is it safe to update?, I was planning to update using VZAccess is that ok or should I use something else?

Did you ever update? I'm currently experiencing same issue.

rich hathaway
05-05-2016, 10:43 AM
if you update a flashed device it will need to be re-flashed for service to work again, unless your device is way back in the 130's firmware version you will gain nothing from updating except to spend some money to get it reflashed, the updates for the 2200 were worthless and did not fix any issue except from 139 to 14x fixed a minor signal issue the all other updates were all a bunch of nothing, you will notice it only addes using new graphics on the user interface that does nothing for making the end users experience any better, they just kinda of ignored the 2200's problems, after all it was the first device of its kind so after the 2200 instead of fixing its problems with overheating and weak signal to begin with they moved on to the 4510L and just forgot about all the peeps who bought those 2200 devices that had probs.