PDA

View Full Version : Full Flash Eris To Cricket

Genuwine1976
06-23-2010, 05:27 AM
(requires ROOT)

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

You need root for this full functionality to work without the broadband trick.

There are other threads, in general about this, but this is huge. By using methods by the Droid and other phones, this kid did this with an Eris. I take no credit for this, but I have been hunting for this for a long time, messing with iptables, messing with proxy's and APN's, and have been unsuccessful. This is a modified/fixed (by me) version of what token419 posted on Howard Forums, no longer a direct quote.

This is without the broadband trick (you don't need it), and is good for FULL functionality, just get a Cricket plan that involves 'web'!

Thanks, to token419 from Howard Forums (and those who helped him)

NOTE: All of the things in the following threads must still be done to get your Eris on Cricket FIRST, and to get MMS working (before or after, doesn't matter, token419's 'web and mms' flash MAY do this for you, I have no confirmation one way or another)
Root your phone, and get whatever ROM you want on it.
On Cricket to start with: [Only registered and activated users can see links] (scroll up and down a few posts for all the info)
Web and MMS working: Flash this (and follow instructions following): [Only registered and activated users can see links] (follow these instructions right below to make this flash work) (this is not a full ROM - it should work for almost ANY Eris ROM to give full internet and MMS if you follow these instructions
Quote:
Requirements:

1. Rooted Phone (see guide here: [Only registered and activated users can see links])
2. Recovery Console (see above)

3. PST (dial ##778 on your phone, pw 000000) settings already entered correctly and showing 3G or EV icon (see guide here: [Only registered and activated users can see links])

Instructions for Web/MMS:

1. Copy the cricket_eris_web_mms_v2.zip to the root of your sd card

2. Boot into recovery mode

3. Flash cricket_eris_web_mms_v2.zip

4. Reboot

5. Choose "Always Allow" to the SU prompt if one comes up

6. Open your app drawer

7. Open APN Backup & Restore

8. Select "Delete APNs"

9. Select "Restore APNs"

10. Select "cricket_eris_apn.xml"

10. Browse the web and spam your MMS messages to your friends

Instructions for web only:

Created By Token419

Credits (In no particular order):

Howard Forums Motodroid team here - [Only registered and activated users can see links]

giJoey1980's summary of the solution here - [Only registered and activated users can see links]

brandonharrison's guide to the hero/eris here - [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Gridlock for hosting his update.zip signer here - [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Christian Blank for his Autostart program - [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Ritesh for his APN Backup and Restore program - [Only registered and activated users can see links]
If MMS continues to NOT work, try this:
MMS: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
At your own risk:

EVERYTHING BELOW HERE CAN BE REPLACED WITH TOKEN419'S FLASHABLE ZIP FOR WEB (which I just posted right above the quote that is a few lines up):
Quote:

Originally Posted by token419 View Post
Your instructions/title look exactly like Brandonharrison's post on howard forums, if you got the instructions from him it may be nice to give him credit Also you may want to change the words "Hero" to "eris" since this is an eris guide also you can skip the part about spc unlocking from CDMA WS, since the eris comes factory with spc of 000000.

Anyways if your tracking the thread on howard you can update the web portion, to what i posted to get full market and apps working, credit goes to the team at howard forums who worked on getting it working for the motodroid. i simply modified their work so that it would work on the eris.

Feel free to delete [the next steps below] and replace with my instructions if you wish, to simplify the process for any new comers. (we are working to get this edited in brandons post over at howard currently since he can no longer edit his post)

As promised here is a single flashable zip that will hande the OS side to get Web/MMS up and running

Download from the attachment below or from here:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

As always, make a nandroid backup first

download the zip and read the readme inside for instructions
So unzip his .zip file, and two .zip files will appear. the one that has web and MMS listed in it, put that on your SD card, boot into recovery, make a nand backup, and flash zip from SD card (and choose the .zip file you just put on the sd card)

But, whether token419's flash works for you or not, here are the instructions that CREATED that flash:

Requirements:
Rooted Rom
Autostart (Root) from android market (free)
u2nl.zip from white rabbits site whiterabbit.org (hit Android stuff at the bottom, then get the pre-compiled Droid binary - Eris is included in that file)

Following Brandon's Guide and replace the internet portion with the steps listed below

Step 2. Setting up
What you need: u2nl.zip from white rabbits site whiterabbit.org
install Autostart (Root) from android market

Unzip the u2nl.zip to your androidsdk/tools folder so that u2nl and autostart.sh are in your androidsdk/tools folder. (use the autostart.sh that's in the Eris folder, not the one in the Droid folder!)

adb shell su
(look on phone to push 'Allow' or 'Always Allow' if it pops up - if not, then move to the next line)
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
cd /data/
mkdir opt
chmod 0777 /data/opt/
chmod 0777 /system/bin/
exit
adb remount
adb push autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
adb push u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
adb shell
chmod 0777 /data/opt/autostart.sh
chmod 0777 /system/bin/u2nl
reboot
click always allow on the prompt to allow the Autostart app to run at system startup

you should now have working market/apps/web, WITHOUT ANY PROXY, and WITHOUT THE BROADBAND trick.

If you find this helpful please say thanks

eric303
07-10-2010, 06:13 PM
i'm having problems with "adb push u2nl /system/bin/u2nl" its giving me an error of failed to copy 'u2nl' to '/system/bin/u2nl' :text file busy anyone know why?

ownmart
07-10-2010, 06:42 PM
try this: (make sure unknown sources is checked and debug)
adb root
adb remount

aijames
08-11-2010, 12:49 AM
im having issues with mms, everything works but mms on my unit

if anyone can help me this is what im working with

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<apns count="3">
<apn name="CDMA" numeric="00000" mcc="000" mnc="00" apn="0" user="null" server="null" password="null" proxy="null" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="" mmsc="[Only registered and activated users can see links]" type="*" />
<apn name="Production" numeric="00000" mcc="000" mnc="00" apn="1" user="null" server="null" password="null" proxy="null" port="85" mmsproxy="wap.mycricket.com" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="2.0" mmsc="[Only registered and activated users can see links]" type="mms" />
<apn name="Android" numeric="310995" mcc="310" mnc="995" apn="internet" user="*" server="*" password="*" proxy="null" port="null" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="[Only registered and activated users can see links]" type="null" />
</apns>

whitey10tc
08-11-2010, 01:05 AM
im having issues with mms, everything works but mms on my unit

if anyone can help me this is what im working with

<apns count="3">
<apn name="CDMA" numeric="00000" mcc="000" mnc="00" apn="0" user="null" server="null" password="null" proxy="null" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="" mmsc="[Only registered and activated users can see links]" type="*" />
<apn name="Production" numeric="00000" mcc="000" mnc="00" apn="1" user="null" server="null" password="null" proxy="null" port="85" mmsproxy="wap.mycricket.com" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="2.0" mmsc="[Only registered and activated users can see links]" type="mms" />
<apn name="Android" numeric="310995" mcc="310" mnc="995" apn="internet" user="*" server="*" password="*" proxy="null" port="null" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="[Only registered and activated users can see links]" type="null" />
</apns>
Are you the same member on ho-fo that had the HTML and now is on a regular plan and everything worked before the HTML. If so have the account re-provisioned and/or try *22804

aijames
08-11-2010, 01:07 AM
im on hofo yes, but i didnt have any account changes ive always been on a 50 dollar plan

whitey10tc
08-11-2010, 01:12 AM
Ah, it must be an Eris thing, someone else is having the same issue over there too but just came off the HTML plan.

aijames
08-11-2010, 01:19 AM
another guy locally having the issue on his moto droid as well. just wish i could get her workin

aijames
08-11-2010, 01:33 AM
also my device is listed on account as a MOTOROLA QA30

whitey10tc
08-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Just pulled this off my Hero for comparison
<apns count="4">
<apn name="CDMA" numeric="310120" mcc="310" mnc="120" apn="0" user="null" server="null" password="null" proxy="null" port="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="" mmsc="" type="*" />
<apn name="Production" numeric="310120" mcc="310" mnc="120" apn="1" user="null" server="null" password="null" proxy="null" port="8080" mmsproxy="" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="2.0" mmsc="[Only registered and activated users can see links]" type="mms" />
<apn name="Android" numeric="310120" mcc="310" mnc="120" apn="internet" user="*" server="*" password="*" proxy="null" port="null" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="null" type="" />
<apn name="TelKila" numeric="310120" mcc="310" mnc="120" apn="internet" user="*" server="*" password="*" proxy="null" port="null" mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null" mmsc="null" type="" />
</apns>

aijames
08-11-2010, 11:55 PM
got mms working now i have no apps market or browser whatsoever and no idea how to fix it.

aijames
08-26-2010, 11:54 PM
my latest woes. took the phone back to the place i got it flashed. he reflashed it...everything worked for a few hours, then not mms is scetchy, sometimes it works other times it jsut dont.

i dont understand the issue, considering i was able to get mms working myself perfectly fine, just i screwed the phone up from getting any internet market or wap

bigglou23
08-27-2010, 02:17 AM
I personally use to0's programmer and everything works great. Try contacting to0 to purchase it.
Seems like it would save you a whole lot of grief.

Genuwine1976
08-27-2010, 02:21 AM
working on remote flashing so helping each other will be that much easier..............

jcorona888
09-06-2010, 07:10 AM
can anybody help i got mms working no market apps

spooky
09-15-2010, 08:58 PM
is this the same way to do it for MetroPcs?

thesmitty68521
09-15-2010, 09:23 PM
is this the same way to do it for MetroPcs?

Ask your question in the Metro PCS section and you will get some help there.

915_P5
11-08-2010, 02:33 PM
i having some issuses, i cant get QPST to read the phone so i can change the settings. is there any other way

darules0
12-08-2010, 01:31 AM
hey does this work for metropcs??

derango
07-27-2011, 04:19 PM
first link is broken plz fix

derango
07-27-2011, 04:21 PM
never mind i got the link now [Only registered and activated users can see links]