PDA

View Full Version : Evo Talk, Text, Web and all apps

ztahoez
06-22-2010, 06:34 PM
How to flash a Sprint Evo to Cricket with talk, text, and web
Put Phone in diag mode ##DIAG#
1. Use cdma workshop to get spc using the default read option change the SPC to 000000.
2. Write you nam and evdo tab as usuall and your desired prl.
3. Restart phone.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
5. Close qpst and re-open workshop. On the EVDO TAB only write your numbers and cricket for the passwords in and click write. And set to simple ip.
6. If you have a 3g icon you are done with the manual programming. If not repeat steps 5 and 6. Now for rooting the device.
1. Copy PC36IMG.zip and Supersonic_1.32.651.1_rooted.zip to the root of your sd card.
2. Put the PC36IMG.zip on the root of your sdcard
3. Code:
4. adb push PC36IMG.zip /sdcard
5. - Power off the phone - Hold volume down while powering the phone on. continue to hold volume down until you see the WHITE bootloader screen. - After a few seconds it will begin to checking for files, and find PC36IMG.zip. while its doing this it will show a blue progress bar while its checking. (this takes 30 - 60 seconds to finish) - It will then list all the images in the zip and ask you if want to flash. SAY YES - When its finished it will ask you if you would like to reboot. AGAIN... SAY YES - At this point it will boot into a rooted rom. - YOU ARE NOW ROOT!!! - rename the PC36IMG.zip on your sdcard: - plug your phone into a usb port on your desktop and do:
6. Code:
7. adb shell mv /sdcard/PC36IMG.zip /sdcard/root-PC36IMG.zip
8. RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS: - Extract the evorecovery.zip to your desktop - plug your phone into a usb port on your desktop - In a shell:
9. Code:
10. adb reboot recovery
11. - this will reboot your EVO into recovery mode. at this point turn your attention to the directory u extracted the evorecovery.zip to.
12. Code:
13. For Windows XP ~~> Run recovery-windows.bat at this point turn your attention to the phone and navigate to create a Nandriod Backup. you can now flash custom roms, write, and make changes to system. - to flash a custom rom put the rom on the root of your sdcard. wipe data, dalvic cache and chose the option to flash update.zip from sdcard. RECOVERY NAVIGATION: - Code: Volume up/down moves through the list and Power selects.
After entering recovery.
1. Select wipe and press the power button
2. On the next menu select wipe data/factory reset. After that finishes also wipe Dalvik-cache. Then select return.
3. Scroll down to Flash zip from sdcard and select Supersonic_1.32.651.1_rooted.zip and hit the power button.
4. Reboot device after update.zip completes.
Wap Programming
1. Run the EVO.Bat file once that completes the device will reset.
2. After reset you will get a prompt hit always allow.
3. In the application’s drawer run the WifiTether Program, press the green start tethering icon and hit always allow in the popup window.
4. Hit the green tethering icon again to stop tethering and hit always allow.
5. Restart your device 6. Enjoy Your Talk, Text, and Full web evo. here is the link [hide-thanks] [Only registered and activated users can see links] [/hide-thanks] My solution does contain U2nl which was compiled by to0 without his work on android none of the android solutions would be possible.
password is: omgevooncricket

Genuwine1976
06-22-2010, 07:12 PM
WOW very nice, keep up the good work fella....

And I also need the password

lj27416
06-22-2010, 07:48 PM
its the same guys.
but who do these files belong to?
i'm sure there's rules here about sharing other people's work.

*edit*
Also i've used this type of root (as there are several out there)
i believe it has issues with autostart program. of course i can be wrong.
if all is well and works, Good

ztahoez
06-23-2010, 01:39 PM
if it where someone elses work i wouldn't be sharing

Wrecked Johnson
07-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Big thanks to ztahoez for this and all his help, and thanks to all who have made android possible on cricket! Solution works fantastic!

thesmitty68521
07-12-2010, 11:39 AM
ztahoez is a regular on many cell phone forums. His name is very recognizable and he has done a lot of good work for PDA phones. He's legit and wouldn't share someone's work without their permission.

fritzel67
07-18-2010, 11:24 PM
No more data call failure errors...as has been mentioned my QPST settings were incorrect.

Also, am I correct in my understanding that the only way to get MMS working for now is via a custom ROM tailored for Cricket? (i.e. a non-Sprint ROM)

Btw...I'm new to this board but I've been posting to hofo, xda, and androidforums since Feb.

Thanks in advance. I'm deeply grateful for all the efforts of the many Cricket experts on these forums.

pierre19
07-24-2010, 04:42 AM
wondering if i can get the password please

aero007
07-28-2010, 10:46 PM
thank you, this is great solution, i like it but i need passcode for files please help

whitey10tc
08-09-2010, 10:16 PM
How well does this work with Froyo 2.2?

usman_zeeshan
08-13-2010, 03:51 AM
Any body have pass ?

theone23
08-13-2010, 02:42 PM
Z, you the man, thanks!

Pac3comm1
08-13-2010, 05:27 PM
For those who havent read ALL of his initial thread, He said PM HIM for the password. Please stop using thread space with requests for the password. The only question I have is, besides the cricket settings, will this solution work with Metro PCS?

whitey10tc
08-13-2010, 07:25 PM
For those who havent read ALL of his initial thread, He said PM HIM for the password. Please stop using thread space with requests for the password. The only question I have is, besides the cricket settings, will this solution work with Metro PCS?It should work with Metro with the right setting, I also understand the members trying to get his attention for the password as it has been a week since my 1st PM and a couple days since my second.

usman_zeeshan
08-15-2010, 02:36 AM
HERE IS LINK SAME METHED DON;T NEED PASSWORD DON;T HAVE TO WAIT LONG TIME FOR PASSWORD I HAVN;T GOT ANY PASSWORD
BEEN WAITING AND HE DIN;T EVEN RESPOND

whitey10tc
08-15-2010, 03:02 AM
HERE IS LINK SAME METHED DON;T NEED PASSWORD DON;T HAVE TO WAIT LONG TIME FOR PASSWORD I HAVN;T GOT ANY PASSWORD
BEEN WAITING AND HE DIN;T EVEN RESPOND

[Only registered and activated users can see links] link and hijack. This thread is for a FLASH solution. Your link is for a ROOT solution. Please review the posted rules.

whitey10tc
08-15-2010, 03:04 AM
On another note. This thread has ran it's course, it apparently is no longer being supported by the original poster.

So thread closed. If you want to try and get a password PM the OP, Ztahoez if you want the tread re opened let us know.

Wrecked Johnson
08-16-2010, 01:21 PM
I am trying to get permission to help on this thread so hang in there I should know something by today

ztahoez
08-20-2010, 11:28 AM
sorry guys been busy for awhile the password is omgevooncricket

TswTech2
08-28-2010, 05:43 PM
what version qpst are you using for the um and an tabs

darrelljr00
11-03-2010, 01:05 AM
So which solution is better THis solution to flash it .. Or the xda solution to root it?? This solution spoke of rooting the phone after step 6.. My evo is already rooted.. So do I just follow steps 1-6?

whitey10tc
11-03-2010, 01:18 AM
So which solution is better THis solution to flash it .. Or the xda solution to root it?? This solution spoke of rooting the phone after step 6.. My evo is already rooted.. So do I just follow steps 1-6?
Follow the tutorial, it's written to include all needed steps in order.

Sent from my cricKet flashed Hero using Tapatalk

ztahoez
12-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Here is a link to my newest roms.

pierre19
01-05-2011, 07:57 PM
I need help my web and everything was working last and now this morning everything just stop working. i resetting and doin everything again but still nothing

Laserbeak43
01-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Nice can't wait to try this!!

Laserbeak43
01-14-2011, 07:00 PM
2. Write you nam and evdo tab as usuall and your desired prl.
I'm sorry, what?

thesmitty68521
01-14-2011, 08:21 PM
I'm sorry, what?

Laserbeak43
01-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Thanks! I only got my number(MDN?) and my MIN. I didn't get an SID, can i ask cricket customer service for it? Can i do this in the demo version? If not, are there any alternatives?

thesmitty68521
01-14-2011, 09:01 PM
What is your city and state?

Laserbeak43
01-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Columbia, Maryland
aww crap, please tell me i'm wrong, but I just read that the baltimore area can't flash sprint phones to cricket!!

Laserbeak43
01-14-2011, 11:01 PM
OK i just read that it is Triband(the EVO is). This is getting complicated.

whitey10tc
01-15-2011, 12:46 AM
OK i just read that it is Triband(the EVO is). This is getting complicated.
Wrong kind of tri band, you'll need an AWS triband device not a Wimax.
Posted via Mobile Device

thesmitty68521
01-15-2011, 01:10 AM
The only two companies that offer Triband phones are Cricket and Metro PCS.

Laserbeak43
01-15-2011, 04:13 PM
suuuucks. OK Thanks

Laserbeak43
01-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Wrong kind of tri band, you'll need an AWS triband device not a Wimax.
Posted via Mobile Device

So what's said to not be working? voice, data or both? cause i am getting voice. I've been using my clear account to get data but it sucks

whitey10tc
01-22-2011, 10:04 PM
So what's said to not be working? voice, data or both? cause i am getting voice. I've been using my clear account to get data but it sucks

When dialing *228 do you connect with a cricket tower? Most likely you are on a partner network coverage like Sprint, if so after the 51% use on the partner network cricket can/will terminate the service.

and clear sucks everywhere. I use them just because it's cheapest for my area...........

773area
02-15-2011, 12:35 AM
Ok so can you use a Evo on a triband network or not? I heard that it's not a triband phone, but now you have some people who say it will work. And now to top it off, theirs a guy on craigslist saying he can flash it over to cricket and we are in a triband area (chicago). he even made a video on youtube. i dont know if i can post it here, but i just want an second opinion on whether this is true or not:

Laserbeak43
02-15-2011, 11:12 PM
did he say you could flash it to a triband area? I've read somewhere that the radios on HTC phones are actually software configurable(bands) but i've never found the option to configure that, nor have i seen any proof.

whitey10tc
02-16-2011, 12:13 AM
Ok so can you use a Evo on a triband network or not? I heard that it's not a triband phone, but now you have some people who say it will work. And now to top it off, theirs a guy on craigslist saying he can flash it over to cricket and we are in a triband area (chicago). he even made a video on youtube. i dont know if i can post it here, but i just want an second opinion on whether this is true or not:

did he say you could flash it to a triband area? I've read somewhere that the radios on HTC phones are actually software configurable(bands) but i've never found the option to configure that, nor have i seen any proof.Cricket has partner coverage with Sprint for both talk and data, while the video is interesting I'm not going to call a bluff but point out some facts. The cricket message states to restore service, so it's obvious it's not active, could be using another data profile info for the data fields. If I traveled to Chicago with my HTC Hero I would have use talk/text/data but if my use exceeded the % allowed in the TOS cricket reserves the right to terminate service. There is a thread in the cricket general discussion forum on the usage policy if you have questions on it feel free to post in that thread.

While the HTC radio is a baseband, reconfiguring it to accept the AWS frequency is not feasible or it would be done already.

So the really short answer will a CDMA HTC phone work in an AWS market,
YES! But not for long. 49 or 51% usage I believe. If roaming it's a good thing, for your primary phone in those areas not a good idea.

Now back on Topic...

Laserbeak43
02-17-2011, 12:20 PM
sorry if we were off topic. i thought this was the right thread for that.

rx7mike
08-26-2011, 12:52 AM
will this work same on evo 3d

aikenclay
05-14-2012, 06:04 AM

Factory reset is not a step to be taken lightly. It will permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will also remove any...