PDA

View Full Version : NEW member Needs YOUR help

joeschmoe
06-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Jessica and I am new here. (Sorry for the username confusion. It was the first thing that popped in my head :P)

I just bought a UTStarcom TXT 8010 phone and want to use it with PagePlus.

1) Do I need to flash it to PagePlus?
(Some links in google say yes, other say no since it's CDMA)

2) It did not come with a USB data cable, but I found one on Ebay that comes with the drivers. Do I need to buy it with drivers or just the cable and use the ones posted here?

3) Can the NAM be changed manually?
I tried, but I can only select NAM 1 or NAM 2 on the phone and nothing else

Thankx ;)

whitey10tc
06-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Jessica and I am new here. (Sorry for the username confusion. It was the first thing that popped in my head :P)

I just bought a UTStarcom TXT 8010 phone and want to use it with PagePlus.

1) Do I need to flash it to PagePlus?
(Some links in google say yes, other say no since it's CDMA)

2) It did not come with a USB data cable, but I found one on Ebay that comes with the drivers. Do I need to buy it with drivers or just the cable and use the ones posted here?

3) Can the NAM be changed manually?
I tried, but I can only select NAM 1 or NAM 2 on the phone and nothing else

Thankx ;)
Welcome to Gurus Jessica!
I moved your post to the Page Plus forum. You will most likely need to flash it. But to give you a starting point verify that PP will accept the ESN.
Then from there you will need the cable and drivers, for drivers most of the ones I've seen on eBay are generic or are the same posted here but burned to a CD.
I'm sure one of these PP guys here will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong on anything above.

Killgorian
06-18-2010, 11:35 PM
My understanding is that if it's verizon you should be good to go. Does it say verizon on start up? Also, if you get cables, yes do get the driver disc.

RIP MOBILE-FILES
06-18-2010, 11:40 PM
hell i flash it remotely for you all you got to do is inbox me jessica

ecneics
06-19-2010, 02:17 AM
You certainly came to the right place. The Blitz should be good to go on Page Plus. Anything non-prepaid and non-smartphone for Verizon should work fine. If it came previously flashed to another carrier like Cricket then you'll need to get the ESN put back on the list and either read some guides or have someone reflash it. SPC should already be 0'd. Should be a good first flashing experience.