PDA

View Full Version : Smoked Glass 6.0.1 ROM for Motorola Droid

thesmitty68521
06-15-2010, 05:21 PM
I am sure we will eventually get a section in here somewhere for Android phones. lol. If we already have one, I haven't seen it yet.

Now to my point, I have installed this ROM and things are going fine with it. The problem is there is no WIFI. I did select this as an option when the new ROM was installed and yet WIFI will not start up.

Are there any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

whitey10tc
06-15-2010, 05:46 PM
**Mod Note**
Smitty I moved your post from the cricket Motorola forum to the Motorola general discussions forum because the problem at hand is not carrier specific but device/ROM/setting specific. Please review the posted rules, I know it's been a while but please post in the correct forum or your posts will be deleted in the future.

Now to your question/answer

Now when installing the ROM what clock speed did you choose and also did you choose Wifi tethering and if so what does the log show when running wifi tethering.

Also check your PM's and with Dex about the Android forum. We do need one to better organize things because right now HTC is the only Android forum we have. All the rest are in general discussions.

thesmitty68521
06-15-2010, 07:46 PM
I will let Dex know the next time I talk to him. I got this up and running but am not getting any MMS. They aren't even coming in to be downloaded. lol. Thanks for all your help on this. I really appreciate it.

whitey10tc
06-15-2010, 08:18 PM
I will let Dex know the next time I talk to him. I got this up and running but am not getting any MMS. They aren't even coming in to be downloaded. lol. Thanks for all your help on this. I really appreciate it.are you using To0's solution or the other solution. If using the other free solution double check your APN settings. If it's To0's I wouldn't have a clue.

DankOfOwnage
06-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Everytime i have flashed a Droid...i have had to overclock it just a little to use WiFi...don't ask my why...but having the 800mhz kernal loaded works for me 100% of the time

whitey10tc
06-15-2010, 08:24 PM
If you choose the lower clock speed you may have issues with Wifi.

thesmitty68521
06-15-2010, 08:24 PM
I figured it out. lol. I had to refresh my account and overclock a little bit more. Everything works on this. I even have Yahoo working on it. I didn't think it would work on here at all.

ownmart
06-15-2010, 09:22 PM
I figured it out. lol. I had to refresh my account and overclock a little bit more. Everything works on this. I even have Yahoo working on it. I didn't think it would work on here at all.

someone should post the overclocking kernal ;) / how to put it on

Genuwine1976
06-15-2010, 10:50 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Genuwine1976
06-16-2010, 01:22 AM
update:

goto [Only registered and activated users can see links] and get the 800mhz kernel

It is stated that with it you will have working wifi with cricket, I have not yet tested this yet.
But it is said to be working