PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to Flash Sprint CDMA to Boost?

ownmart
06-09-2010, 10:25 PM
I heard that they are accepting CDMA sprint phones, but what settings would be needed to change? maybe we should have a sub forum for this since its not iden technically

whitey10tc
06-09-2010, 10:29 PM
We do have a subforum this one the other carriers.
As for setting I'm not sure if the cdma side uses Sprint provisioning or Boost.

ELHULK
06-10-2010, 02:27 AM
when cdma boost came to my area i did palm pre on to boost i replaced the meid then i use first last name on account and it worked then i sold never heard anything from customer but i have not tried it since

mobilefreedom
06-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Face it, Sprint phones don't need to be flashed to Boost. Just esn swapped after an account is open with an active Boost cdma phone esn. A native Sprint esn will NOT WORK on first activation of a Boost account. Has to be Boost cdma esn FIRST.

Flashing is a waste of time with most Sprint phones . If you can get a esn for a Boost phone whether you actually have it or not is one way to get started. It requires more social engineering then technical engineering. But it makes it a LOT easier for noobs. Especially if they know which phones to stay away from at the beginning (because they tend to fail activation more then other phones: Palm Pre, HTC Hero etc). At least the legal version...without esn/meid rewriting...lol

ownmart
06-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Face it, Sprint phones don't need to be flashed to Boost. Just esn swapped after an account is open with an active Boost cdma phone esn. A native Sprint esn will NOT WORK on first activation of a Boost account. Has to be Boost cdma esn FIRST.

Flashing is a waste of time with most Sprint phones . If you can get a esn for a Boost phone whether you actually have it or not is one way to get started. It requires more social engineering then technical engineering. But it makes it a LOT easier for noobs. Especially if they know which phones to stay away from at the beginning (because they tend to fail activation more then other phones: Palm Pre, HTC Hero etc). At least the legal version...without esn/meid rewriting...lol

This my interpretation of that:
so what you're saying is that they've got to already have a boost account, they then get a sprint phone. then boost store just activates that esn and like do their version of *228?
I know theres the other non legal version which isn't worth the risk.

mobilefreedom
06-15-2010, 06:05 AM
Go to Howard Forums, go to the Boost cdma forum. Check out the "can I borrow a cup of Boost cdma esn please?" thread and get a dirt cheap Bmcdma paygo account. After your "virtual Boost cdma esn" is used up, swap out a Sprint phone via phone call to Bmcdma Cs, then return the esn to the owner you borrowed it from. Done.