PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fried their USB controller?

ArkieKDealer
06-05-2010, 01:56 PM
I did! Granted it's an older computer I bought for the business about 5 years ago. I had a USB wireless mouse, a receipt printer, regular printer, and card reader plugged in to rear USB ports and plugged a Samsung USB cord into a front port to flash a phone and boom. Computer locked up.

Messed with it for hours and I was unable to get it to boot up even after a sys restore. Finally I disconnected everything except monitor and rebooted and it came on, but anytime I plug in more than 2 USB ports it locks up again.

Luckily that allowed me to get all my files and programs on an external drive and now I'm waiting on a brand new one with a Core 2 Duo and 3GB of mem! :D

ownmart
06-05-2010, 03:08 PM
ouch that sucks any excuse to get somethin new works for me

whitey10tc
06-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Sound like a mother board issue.

ten0rplaya04
06-05-2010, 03:54 PM
If it was a desktop, I would have just picked up a $30 USB PCI Expansion card with a header built in. Would have been a lot cheaper lol

123456&
06-05-2010, 05:49 PM
What I think about your problem is samsung drivers issue, because that happend to me before.
try to change the drivers to something like this one SAMSUNG Mobile USB DRIVER(4.40.7.0) v1.6

nekedavis
07-26-2011, 09:00 AM
When I run the device manager, I can see Universal serial bus controllers and under it a list of installed items. At the bottom of the list it shows about 7 items (USB root hub) that have not been installed. Is that the culprit? I made double sure that I installed all the drivers but it cannot update automatically. What else can I do? Thanks for your time and advice!

nekedavis
07-26-2011, 09:07 AM
When I run the device manager, [url= [Only registered and activated users can see links]]wii controller/url]I can see Universal serial bus controllers and under it a list of installed items. [url= [Only registered and activated users can see links]]ps3 controller/url]At the bottom of the list it shows about 7 items (USB root hub) that have not been installed. [url=[Only registered and activated users can see links]]ps3 wireless controller/url]Is that the culprit? I made double sure that I installed all the drivers but it cannot update automatically.[url=[Only registered and activated users can see links]]XBOX 360 Controller/url] What else can I do? Thanks for your time and advice!