PDA

View Full Version : Generic PRI/PRL for *Verizon-Sprint* Blackberry 8330

pcitech
06-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Hello all,
I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here -- I figured these forums might be the right place. If not, please feel free to move to the right board!

My team wants to make a BlackBerry 8330 (verizon/sprint) to have Generic PRI/PRL file, and generic factory settings. And after that, to make sure MMS and website data works on the phone.

I was wondering how to go about this and if anyone can help in this regard.

Thanks a lot and feel free to move this to the appropriate place (or if it's even allowed at all) if I'm in the wrong spot.

thanks!
-Pci Tech
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

ownmart
06-02-2010, 11:13 PM
first of all, in order to use a phone on either of those networks you'd have to see if they would accept the esn.

those companies rarely accept foreign esns.

whitey10tc
06-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Hello all,
I'm sorry if this doesn't belong here -- I figured these forums might be the right place. If not, please feel free to move to the right board!

My team wants to make a BlackBerry 8330 (verizon/sprint) to have Generic PRI/PRL file, and generic factory settings. And after that, to make sure MMS and website data works on the phone.

I was wondering how to go about this and if anyone can help in this regard.

Thanks a lot and feel free to move this to the appropriate place (or if it's even allowed at all) if I'm in the wrong spot.

thanks!
-Pci Tech
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
I might be missreading but you say you are looking for a generic PRL, & PRI. and then a generic OS. and generic fatory setting. Each carrier requires unique phone setting and PRL's. So genric's may be difficult to come by.
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Use of the device on two networks?

Also since this sounds more like carrier specific with PRL's, setting Etc. I think it would fit better in the other carriers forum.
I'll move it there for you.

pcitech
06-03-2010, 02:54 PM
I might be missreading but you say you are looking for a generic PRL, & PRI. and then a generic OS. and generic fatory setting. Each carrier requires unique phone setting and PRL's. So genric's may be difficult to come by.
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Use of the device on two networks?

Also since this sounds more like carrier specific with PRL's, setting Etc. I think it would fit better in the other carriers forum.
I'll move it there for you.

Sorry I made a mistake in my wording -

What we're looking for is just to make the phone generic, fully factory (blackberry) settings, so that afterwards we can put whatever PRL/PRI on it.
How difficult do you think the generic (.dll?) file will be to come by and do you have any suggestions on where to look?

thanks a lot for the response, my mistake for the mix-up.

-Pci tech

ownmart
06-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Sorry I made a mistake in my wording -

What we're looking for is just to make the phone generic, fully factory (blackberry) settings, so that afterwards we can put whatever PRL/PRI on it.
How difficult do you think the generic (.dll?) file will be to come by and do you have any suggestions on where to look?

thanks a lot for the response, my mistake for the mix-up.

-Pci tech

blackberrys don't use dlls unless you're using i think its unipst or something like that

again as I said the esn has to be accepted by either company to work on there, so no real point in changing to either or without them allowing change

you're looking for a generic operating system is what I'm thinking

pcitech
06-04-2010, 02:32 PM
blackberrys don't use dlls unless you're using i think its unipst or something like that

again as I said the esn has to be accepted by either company to work on there, so no real point in changing to either or without them allowing change

you're looking for a generic operating system is what I'm thinking

thanks for the response - Yeah, how hard would the generic O/S be to find? Any leads?

Pac3comm1
06-04-2010, 08:11 PM
You can load whatever PRL you want if you have the right software. I as well as just about any other guru here will tell you that CDMA Workshop is the best way to go to make it happen. There are other methods but CDMA WS is by far the most effective and user friendly. Anyone beg to differ?