PDA

View Full Version : So I jacked my phone up...help fix me ESN

SharpTJ
06-01-2010, 01:59 AM
I was messing around with some software while trying to get a stronger signal and now my phone says the esn is all 0's doesn't work... I dunno what I did but please help me fix this quickly...it is a Samsung Moment

I tried following this guide [Only registered and activated users can see links] but I can not get QPST to recognize my phone. Device manager says the Anroid modem is on COM3 but when I add the port to QPST it just says "no phone"

Please help, I feel alone without my phone lol

ownmart
06-01-2010, 02:42 AM
you're going to need to include your phone model and such. you can also look at other guides that do esn repairs that are android based and try those out

SharpTJ
06-02-2010, 01:36 AM
samsung moment

ownmart
06-02-2010, 02:14 AM
here's a hint "search" I searched Samsung Moment ESN
and looky :) [Only registered and activated users can see links]

SharpTJ
06-02-2010, 02:26 AM
i saw that and cannot afford 107 skins for the new software...I have 2.7 from a previous phone, but it will not connect to the moment...

That is why I am trying with QPST

whitey10tc
06-02-2010, 03:02 AM
i saw that and cannot afford 107 skins for the new software...I have 2.7 from a previous phone, but it will not connect to the moment...

That is why I am trying with QPST
QPST won't help you much for what you need to do.

ownmart
06-02-2010, 03:31 AM
sorry to say but you may have to get a different phone then if you cant afford the WS its very helpful with repairing esns as well as many more features (not trying to make this a WS thread)

ten0rplaya04
06-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Since you can't afford CDMA WS, might I suggest finding someone in your area who owns it and asking them? Maybe they'll charge you $15 or $20 to do it rather than the $100 for WS.

thesmitty68521
06-02-2010, 04:34 PM
If you are serious about flashing, CDMA Workshop is a must. If you are any good at flashing phones, you will make the $107 back in a few flashes. If you are someone merely wanting to save a few bucks and do it on your own, find yourself a serious phone flasher to do that for you for a fee.

ESN repair is simplest if done through the CDMA Workshop. Without that, it gets pretty tricky.

08-16-2010, 03:39 PM
I know there hasn't been any discussion in this thread for a while,... anyway...

Sounds like the ESN is already zero'd out, so have you tried just sending the command to write to nv item 0 at all yet? PM me, I'll send you a custom program to try.

Pac3comm1
08-16-2010, 05:13 PM
I highly doubt that you can do ESN repair even with CDMA workshop because it is a Samsung. Most of those particular makes wont let you access to repair it. So I m not so sure that purchasing CDMA WS will work for that anyway.

08-16-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm thinking since it shows up as Zero's, it might still be back to 'Write Once Read Many' mode and correctable using generic chipset commands. Not to argue, but I have seen and done this with other phones, although sometimes it's the manufacturer specific 'invalid esn' such as 0000001F instead of 00000000. I have even seen recent Sprint phones that when asked for item 85 (msl) they respond with it.

I imagine everyone was talking primarily about using CDMAWS's Memory Writing (Command Code 4) technique, which wouldn't work on a zero'd esn without knowing the exact locations in advance, or some EFS rebuild,... It seems to me the bulk of methods I remember being available in CDMAWS were not actually geared toward repair, but replacement instead.

Either way 'SharpTJ', if you are still lurking around... I'll give it a shot ( or two...)

whitey10tc
08-16-2010, 08:42 PM
If you have a program that might help, I'd like to ask if you would be ever so kind and post it. Never know who you might save with it.

08-16-2010, 09:03 PM
If you have a program that might help, I'd like to ask if you would be ever so kind and post it. Never know who you might save with it.

I was thinking more like making something that would only work until he/she told me they were done with it, then I would remotely disable it... but I figure I can whip up a quick command line utility, something like...

C:\> WriteEsn 18 434343 0 DECAFBAD

Usage: WriteEsn <Com Port #> <SPC> <Item Number> <Serial Number>

If you write item number 1943, then it could automatically convert the MEID to pESN and send that over to item 0 as well.

just want to contribute something to get myself going...

08-17-2010, 04:07 PM
So, here is a Command Line ESN Writer.

[HIDE-THANKS][Only registered and activated users can see links][/HIDE-THANKS]

This program simply writes the esn nv items. I decided to get rid of manual item numbers, and it now auto determines which items to write based on what esn you provide. If you give it an MEID, then it will generate the pESN and write that as well.

Options include:
--version : Prints the version number
--help : Display this help

Usage:
WriteEsn.exe ComPort SPC ESN

Example:
WriteEsn 1 434343 DECAFBAD
WriteEsn 13 321654 A10000DECAFBAD

Exit Status Codes:
0 = Success
1 = General Failure
2 = Com Port Open Fail
3 = SPC Failure

The first example opens com port 1, sends the SPC of 434343 and then writes DECAFBAD into nv item 0, if possible.

The second example opens com port 13, sends the SPC of 321654, and then writes A10000DECAFBAD into nv item 1943 followed by writing 80C5C01E into nv item 0.

This will of course only work if your phone has no ESN/MEID... it's called REPAIR.

Oh yeah,... I didn't write this specifically for Samsung or anything,... so you may need to send a DM Mode command using a different program before using this one, or you may not.

Sorry for the extra posts... I forgot to add in the password for the zip file and for some reason I can't edit the posts?!

Password is cdmagurus.com

Mods: Someone want these posts all into one for me?

whitey10tc
08-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Mods: Someone want these posts all into one for me?Merged for you.
Also an FYI to edit future posts
1st click edit
make the edit
2nd click go advanced
3rd click save.

It's a vbullitin error. That should be fixed in the next update.

plasticpony51
09-15-2010, 04:57 PM
This happened to me also. One way I found out how to fix it, was to search for hours on the internet, but I'm gonna be nice and save you the work.
Download this Meid repair tool and write your esn/meid back with that. Works like a charm!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

OH, and give thanks!

Victoria

10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
When I hover over the mobile-files link above,... I get a box that says whitey is offline...?