PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera Brigadier - flash to cdma network (for example cricket)

smartmazila
01-24-2015, 05:20 AM
Hi all, I'm looking for water proof smartphone. after surfing found few of them and choose two kyocera models: 1. brigadier 2. hydro XTRM. is it possible to flash this devices to CDMA network like cricket (I'm outside of US)

rich hathaway
01-24-2015, 10:21 AM
yes it is possible

smartmazila
01-26-2015, 10:17 AM
Rich, thank you for answer, but on gsmarena in network technology there is not shown cdma voice bands: 800 and 1900. there is just 2000 for evdo.

NETWORK
Technology ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
GSM / HSPA / EVDO / LTE ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

2G bands ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

3G bands ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
CDMA2000 1xEV-DO

HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

4G bands ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
LTE 700 / 1700 / 2100

Speed ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
HSPA, LTE, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps

GPRS ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Yes

EDGE ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Yes

rich hathaway
01-26-2015, 10:55 AM
well im not sure where you got that from but its bogus. Know this, its a verizon phone and being such it does run on the same bands cricket does, try to get your phone specs from a reputable source like phonescoop.com, contrary to popular belief not everything on the internet is true :)

here is the specs for that phone ----> Kyocera Brigadier Specs, Features (Phone Scoop) ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

smartmazila
01-26-2015, 02:00 PM
thank you very much :) it was from gsmarena.com and thanks for phonescoop site.
Kyocera Brigadier - Full phone specifications ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

smartmazila
02-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Good morning ppl & Rich :) one more question about kyocera brigadier: if I want to use it only for voice and text, does it need to insert ruim/sim card or it's flashable via cdma workshop. Usually, Most verizon devices are flashable and sim card is just for 3g/4g data. There is same situation with this device? Does it work without ruim/sim card?

rich hathaway
02-01-2015, 01:59 PM
set it to nv only then reboot and then write prl, min, mdn and sid and you will have voice and text with no sim card

smartmazila
02-01-2015, 11:21 PM
Thank you for fast response. Theoretically agree but in practice is it possible? as I said in first post, I'm looking for rugged smartphone and not bought yet. I want to choose right one from kyocera brigadier and casio commando c811. But I want to be sure that both of them are flashable to other carrier outside US, without ruim/sim. Sorry for too many questions but I won't buy wrong device on my theoretically decision.
there is comment from ebay seller: Everything on the phone is working except for the fact that it won't activate. Upon the initial setup it says "the SIM card may be inserted wrong". I have tried 2 active/working SIM cards and the phone still won't activate. This means the phone has no 4G/3G internet service as well as no 1x calling/texting service. Right now the phone can only be used for wifi.
But if this device is nv flashable, it can work without ruim/sim.

smartmazila
05-25-2015, 03:26 PM
Finally I bought casio commando c811 but cant flash to my local cdma carrier :( I connected it via dfs and flashed but not works :(