PDA

View Full Version : Helio Drift (SPH-A503) Unlock EFS?

billt2last
05-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Does anyone have info on how to unlock the filesystem on the Helio Drift so I can edit the cwCONFIGURATION.ini file? I tried using the default Samsung 16-digit code using CDMA Workshop. It says 'phone unlocked', but Bitpim or QPST wont allow a write of that file. Bitpim can't be used anyway, because the file is in the /mmda subdirectory and only QPST lets you set the default directory when reading the efs. Is there another EFS reading software I can use? Is there a specific 16-digit code for this model? I need to change the wap port, and that file is where it is stored. p.s. Samsung PST is no help, either. The Ocean I have had success with (it has a 16-digit code of it's own), but the Drift has been elusive for a LONG time now.)

billt2last
05-15-2010, 11:11 PM
UPDATE. OK, I got the file edited. On the drift it is actually NGBconfig.ini. (Used the sph-505 16-digit pass). I had to use qpst and delete the original first, then copy the edited file. But, still no cricket wap. I have internet access through dial-up networking (DUN mode) on my PC, so I know that part is ok. Proxy is right, port, user, pass... all that... Any suggestions? The Ocean is similar, and I have that working. But I'm stumped on this Drift. If anyone has a drift currently working on Helio (virgin) or cricket, let me know. Maybe dump some of the efs files to see if I am missing something...

bawanyh
05-26-2010, 02:30 PM
how did you regukar flashed it?

Thanks

billt2last
06-16-2010, 10:07 AM
uhh, what?