PDA

View Full Version : I need testers for new mifi speed solution

rich hathaway
10-26-2014, 09:26 AM
I stumbled across a tool, a file,some bytes, whatever you want to call it, used by novatel to implement speed in there devices,I have seen it before when i was making my firmwares for there devices and just never did put 2 and 2 together and realize what it was until yesterday i saw it again and decided to fiddle with it some,the results were awesome,here in kansas city i only ever get speeds of about .6mbps to 1.3mbps on any device,(890L is a bit faster)

yesterday after writing this to 4 mifi 2200 i consistently got 2.4mbps the difference was huge even a vast improvement on upload speeds which were around .4 and now are steady 1.1

this has nothing to do with the novaspeed part of the firmware i have that enabled already.

Anyway I need some people who are already set up with remote tools to test this for me for consistency since i already know it works i need to know it works everywhere and all the time,the nature of where it is in the firm is possible that it could be privy to specific markets and work in some and not in others,its not lte its still 3g but it opens up the device for full speed.

i will load it on some devices for testers and ask them to report here in this thread there findings every few days for a couple weeks or so,i will have to have the full profile of your device to write back to it after i am done you should have great speeds.

so requirements are this--- have files installed to allow me to pull your usb to my pc (hamachi & usb gate) and maybe teamviewer,and have your full profile for your device with all data keys required for flash and be willing to post your honest findings here.

it will only take a few mins to load this mod and doesnt require to load full firm,i will eventually write this into my firm so all the flashes and preflashes can use it.

so if you want to test,post here or just get ahold of me for those that have my skype or number.
this should change mifis alot and boost sales for everyone,also i think this will work for multiple carriers,devices and platforms,but as of right now i only loaded it on 2200 sprint and vzw devices and worked on all of them.

bama-boy
10-27-2014, 05:32 PM
I stumbled across a tool, a file,some bytes, whatever you want to call it, used by novatel to implement speed in there devices,I have seen it before when i was making my firmwares for there devices and just never did put 2 and 2 together and realize what it was until yesterday i saw it again and decided to fiddle with it some,the results were awesome,here in kansas city i only ever get speeds of about .6mbps to 1.3mbps on any device,(890L is a bit faster)

yesterday after writing this to 4 mifi 2200 i consistently got 2.4mbps the difference was huge even a vast improvement on upload speeds which were around .4 and now are steady 1.1

this has nothing to do with the novaspeed part of the firmware i have that enabled already.

Anyway I need some people who are already set up with remote tools to test this for me for consistency since i already know it works i need to know it works everywhere and all the time,the nature of where it is in the firm is possible that it could be privy to specific markets and work in some and not in others,its not lte its still 3g but it opens up the device for full speed.

i will load it on some devices for testers and ask them to report here in this thread there findings every few days for a couple weeks or so,i will have to have the full profile of your device to write back to it after i am done you should have great speeds.

so requirements are this--- have files installed to allow me to pull your usb to my pc (hamachi & usb gate) and maybe teamviewer,and have your full profile for your device with all data keys required for flash and be willing to post your honest findings here.

it will only take a few mins to load this mod and doesnt require to load full firm,i will eventually write this into my firm so all the flashes and preflashes can use it.

so if you want to test,post here or just get ahold of me for those that have my skype or number.
this should change mifis alot and boost sales for everyone,also i think this will work for multiple carriers,devices and platforms,but as of right now i only loaded it on 2200 sprint and vzw devices and worked on all of them.
I would love to test the speed for you ! Put It on the sprint mifi before you send it back

rich hathaway
10-27-2014, 08:52 PM
ok,i got yer email with your profiles and dl them this morning

Taylor366
11-02-2014, 11:49 AM
I would also like to test it here in Alabama but IM still running through a throttled device.from tom lol

rich hathaway
11-02-2014, 06:18 PM
this is not a dethrottle and wont work on any thrrottled device because the throttle superceeds all other data properties.

coxman
11-03-2014, 10:25 AM
I to would also like to test it here in Georgia

rich hathaway
11-03-2014, 10:57 AM
ok i can do it this morning if you have time,i will need your full data profile to write back to the device when i am done do you have it with all keys?

bama-boy
11-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Rich I got the silver mifi 2200 !
it is averaging 1.5mbps down and .75 Mbps up .
in lancaster sc . I am going to Florida this week end
I will check in the area on the way down and post the resuls

rich hathaway
11-03-2014, 07:28 PM
when you guys test please run at least 5 test and about 5 min apart to get true average,bama-boy your clocked at over 2mbps for me each test here in kc,this will be interesting to see how a single device varies from state to state

tsitwinz
11-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Rich Im in myrtle beach sc and can test in this market if u still n testers

rich hathaway
11-05-2014, 12:44 PM
some info first please,what device do you have,it is on vzw prepaid,please run 5 speed tests and post the results here or pm them to me,and you need a decent internet speed for me to remote in to your pc and pull your usb to my pc

tsitwinz
11-05-2014, 02:47 PM
vzw mifi 2200 flashed to vzw prepaid
Ill post the 5 speed test from 5 different locations in my area or do you want them all from the say location
I have hi-speed internet at my place so it shouldnt be a problem for you to connect

rich hathaway
11-05-2014, 03:04 PM
just maybe move it around in your house like in front of a window is usually a good place for strong signal,you should be able to tell where the good spots are.
i didnt mean to drive all over town with it

tsitwinz
11-05-2014, 03:33 PM
i run a mobile cell repair unlocking & flashing business so im always all over town...lol
here are 5 from my place

rich hathaway
11-05-2014, 04:22 PM
your speeds are good already,with 3g your only gonna get 3mbps

jojoflowbee
11-07-2014, 05:11 AM
I would like to also test i'm in Cali

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to also test i'm in Cali

rich hathaway
11-07-2014, 11:04 AM
ok do the same please test minimum 5 times and post your results here and we can go from there.

bama-boy
11-09-2014, 10:45 AM
To let people know this was a mifi 2200 that Rich did for me you will get different speeds . It depends on location and the load on version side as to your speed . My experience is that everywhere does not supply the same service .

Test at Orlando fl

Test at Ocala fl

Test at Dade city fl

Test at Navarre fl

rich hathaway
11-09-2014, 11:36 AM
hi bamaboy,i cleaned up the coding in that post,did i get the pics in the right order,i should have paid closer attn.

shaunbonnr
12-19-2014, 04:42 PM
I'll test in Philadelphia PA, I have a LC11 on VZW PP

Dr._Byte
05-31-2016, 04:04 PM
I live in NC I have a 4510L on vzw prepaid I would love to test

rich hathaway
05-31-2016, 04:36 PM
ah ha, you are a bit late to the party, since this was a 2014 thread, its been tested and implemented into most the firmwares i have for more than a year now, but thank you for volunteering.

Dr._Byte
05-31-2016, 07:35 PM
Lol thanks I. Always a day late an a dollar short ....