PDA

View Full Version : Google voice is the sh*t

RIP MOBILE-FILES
04-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Google voice is the sh*t

whitey10tc
04-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Ok, I'll bite is the a rant or rave? Real useful post RIP did you run out of words, or did it just leave you speechless?

RIP MOBILE-FILES
04-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Ravvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeee i love this sh*t. lol took a while to get invited. but finally did excited to lol one less bill instead of 2 numbers i pay for. i pay for 1 and the other is free. for life lol

thephoneguy913
04-30-2010, 08:13 PM
yeap...is awesome...I've been using it for a while...must when the ppl start bugging me and calling to my regular phone when I post some ad on craigslist... :)

whitey10tc
04-30-2010, 09:21 PM
I knew it, it left you speechless. Yes I agree it rocks. But I don't use. Just one more # to know.

RIP MOBILE-FILES
04-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Let me have you invites

orias
05-01-2010, 12:15 PM
one number to rule them all. It's like having your own switchboard :) I use it every day as my primary number. I love the straight to voice-mail unless I know you. feature v:)

RIP MOBILE-FILES
05-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Yeah i heard they not giving anymore invites

Mr._Pseudonym
05-01-2010, 09:06 PM
:^/ More details for the uninformed, please. What is Google Voice, how does it work, etc. I assume that it's a VOIP thing of sorts, but what more can you tell us?

;^) Thanks!

RIP MOBILE-FILES
05-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Google Voice is a service that enhances the existing capabilities of your phone numbers. With it, you can access your voicemail online, read automatic transcriptions of your voicemail, create personalized greetings based on who is calling, make cheap international calls, and more.
* Google Voice feature videos

Google Voice › Help articles › Coming soon
Hide

You can now use voicemail with your own (non-Google) number. Learn more about using Google Voice with a Google v. non-Google number.
Google Voice: Coming soon
Print

Google Voice is a service that enhances the existing capabilities of your phone numbers. With it, you can access your voicemail online, read automatic transcriptions of your voicemail, create personalized greetings based on who is calling, make cheap international calls, and more.

Google Voice is currently invitation only. Please leave us your email address and we'll send you an invite as they become available.

When can I sign up?
Once you receive a Google Voice invite, you're ready to get started. You can use an existing Google Account, or create a new one.

What if I reserved a number on the GrandCentral site before?
We will be emailing you when Google Voice is open to the public to sign up for the service.

How much does it cost?
The service is free.

If your EXCITED to learn morecheck this out [Only registered and activated users can see links] .It shows all the features.

ownmart
05-02-2010, 02:35 AM
* Google Voice feature videos

Google Voice › Help articles › Coming soon
Hide

You can now use voicemail with your own (non-Google) number. Learn more about using Google Voice with a Google v. non-Google number.
Google Voice: Coming soon
Print

Google Voice is currently invitation only. Please leave us your email address and we'll send you an invite as they become available.

When can I sign up?
Once you receive a Google Voice invite, you're ready to get started. You can use an existing Google Account, or create a new one.

What if I reserved a number on the GrandCentral site before?
We will be emailing you when Google Voice is open to the public to sign up for the service.

How much does it cost?
The service is free.

If your EXCITED to learn morecheck this out [Only registered and activated users can see links] .It shows all the features.

that sounds cool
invite only, lame lol
but how much do you pay?

ownmart
05-02-2010, 01:22 PM
found some on ebay for 1-7 bucks if anyones wanting to get them

RIP MOBILE-FILES
05-02-2010, 04:10 PM
yeah its some posted there but doubt if they any good probably just forward you an invite email invite which link no longer works. they got some on there going for $150 bucks

Dex
05-03-2010, 10:05 AM
im fresh outta invites atm i hope they give me more

Help
05-03-2010, 05:30 PM
So with out an invite, I guess we are just SOL?

RIP MOBILE-FILES
05-03-2010, 06:26 PM
yes you are sol without invite an i hearing there not giving out invites any more

Spiderman
05-23-2010, 03:51 PM
New google voice invites are out to students with a valid student email address. Wish I was young again. I could use a google voice invite.

Help
05-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Now they are giving out more invites, just not to me!!!!

DankOfOwnage
05-25-2010, 06:34 AM
I want an invite :(

drummerboy42
05-25-2010, 11:33 AM
I have one invite left. Should we start the bidding? ;)

RIP MOBILE-FILES
05-25-2010, 11:50 AM
I want it buy it now button where it at

whitey10tc
05-25-2010, 12:39 PM
I have one invite left. Should we start the bidding? ;)Try out the auction tab.

DankOfOwnage
05-25-2010, 02:04 PM
No...i think u should start the GIVING :)
Namely to me :P

DankOfOwnage
06-13-2010, 03:21 PM
They are still giving invites...i was invited today...YAY ME!!!

Edit: OMG Google Voice is AWESOME!!!

ten0rplaya04
06-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Yea I just got my invite yesterday. Got a new number so the line I've been using can be my Business line even though it'll ring for personal calls :D

Pac3comm1
06-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Do you still have to be invited for that or what?

ten0rplaya04
06-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Yep from what I understand, it's still an invite only deal.

gabmab
06-16-2010, 01:55 PM
just another way to give google and big brother access to your sh!t.

gabmab
06-16-2010, 01:56 PM
oh, yeah, and we can blame bush for that.... :X

eric303
06-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Google Voice offically launched! No invites needed. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Golden smith
07-23-2010, 06:17 AM
That actually depends. I have T-mobile with the "MyFaves" that allows me unlimited calls to 5 numbers of my choosing. I setup my Google Voice number as one of those 5, so I can initiate an outgoing call from the web interface and it will ring my phone from my Google Voice number, and when I answer it will connect me to the person I was calling.
It's somewhat of a sneaky bypass, but it works great. I know that Verizon and some other cell carriers have similar "freebie" plans where you can select a few numbers to have unlimited calls with. Look into it and you can definitely use Google Voice without using your minutes.

alasfar1
07-27-2010, 12:57 PM
I wish they had google voice on the iphone :(