PDA

View Full Version : Working GPS on the i910 Omnia.

Killgorian
04-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Ok, this should work with any provider. I tested it on cricket and it worked like a charm.

First, GPS was disabled by verizon in thier early firmware versions, so you need to see what you have. Go to settings\Version. If the sw doesnt say S:i910.10 V.CF03 or S:i910.10 V.DC22 you need to upgrade. If it does, skip over the upgrade part.

Upgrade

NOTE: This will restore the phone to Verizon stock. So if you have it flashed to Cricket, Pagecom, etc, it will wipe your settings.

This is a link to the latest firmware. DC22 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

This is end user flashing stuff, so it's pretty plug and play. Instructions can be found in the second (dc22) link.

Once you've upgraded..or if you didn't need to.

First you need to have a program that will utilize gps like google maps, etc.

Then you need to turn the gps on. To do that go to: Phone - menu - services - GPS - change settings off of 911 only.

From there if your google maps, etc, doesnt work, you may need to configure it manually. Go into the program settings and tell it to use port 8 at a baud rate of 57600. Some people have said differant baud rates, but this worked for me.

These settings should stick and allow you to put gps on any i910.