PDA

View Full Version : Moved// CeReg Editor 0.0.5.2 Make Your Own CAB's to Install Register Edits

Help
04-29-2010, 12:37 PM
NOW makes cabs
Many of you have already found this. It is nothing new,but if you are doing a lot of register edits, or flash phones and need to do edits quickly without loading anything on the phone, it is a great alternative to PHM Register Editor. CeRegEditor runs on the desktop and operates on a mobile device. Thus users can take advantage of the normal keyboard, mouse and big LCD to manipulate, change, edit, create or delete the Windows Mobile registry. For me it is easier and I seem to make less errors with CeRegEditor.

CeRegEditor Home Page . . . It's FREE [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Main features:

* Create/edit XML files (privisioning) - new!!!
* Navigate and edit(create) registry keys/values
* Fast search
* Export/import keys in REG format
* Management of favorites keys in registry
* "Image" of registry with compare and restore service
* Offline mode - create, edit files as regular device registry
* Support for HV files edition!

whitey10tc
04-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Moved. Also here is a link [Only registered and activated users can see links] for the home page.

One other note this program is a registry editor and can import/export Registry edits, but does not build cabs. Thread title is a little deceptive.

Help
04-29-2010, 01:09 PM
WhiteyThanks for moving this to where it should have been put, but It does make CAB's
Change log for : version 0.0.5.2, 2009.09.19
Added regular expressions in search function
REG to CAB conversion, fixed long values support

Moved. Also here is a link [Only registered and activated users can see links] for the home page.
One other note this program is a registry editor and can import/export Registry edits, but does not build cabs. Thread title is a little deceptive.

The new .0.0.5.2 DOES BUILD CAB FILES with register edits only

All the support is in polish, thanks to Google Traslate even noobies like me can read it.
Link toSupportForum with google ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Link to support page ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Try this it can save a lot of time making cabs of routine register editing. It doesnt get any easier than this.

Make Your Own Cab Files:[HIDE-THANKS]

1. Make or locate the register edits you want to make into a cab file. Highlight it.

2. Click on Edit. Then go to Export as and save the edit.

3. Click on Conversion. Then Reg-> Cab Select the edit you just saved. It will ask you to name the cab
[/HIDE-THANKS]

4. You are done. Your new Cab file is in the same directory as the exported file.

This is much easier than WinCe and its free...

Make cabs with the needed register edits for all the phones you regularly flash.

whitey10tc
04-29-2010, 02:06 PM
I see that the new version can build a cab for registry edits only. Which is a plus. I will give it a try this weekend.