PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy S3 on Straighttalk -- Picture Mail Issues

aj1981
09-10-2014, 10:56 AM
I recently acquired a Samsung Galaxy S3 and put it on the Straighttalk network. Everything works fine but picture messages. I can send picture mail but I cannot receive them. It seems that since it is not a gsm phone, I do not have an APN menu. Instead I have to activate the data menu through ##3282#. However, I cannot obtain my MSL code to change any of the settings. If anyone knows how to resolve this issue, I would greatly appreciate some assistance. Thanks.

rich hathaway
09-10-2014, 12:20 PM
what is your phone branded to originally?

ryantdean1
01-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Download the go sms app from the playstore and you can edit the apn setting but most of the time it just works and updates them for you . You can now use the native texting app to send pics and not go sms ,just keep it on the phone. Alternately(if your not a phone teck) and you need your msl its very easy to get on the s3 just follow these instructions for root (link below) and download get msl from playstore after towel root make sure you download su from playstore and install and confirm you have su rights before you run get my msl

The Easiest "One-Click" Root Method for Your Samsung Galaxy S3 « Samsung Galaxy S3 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])