PDA

View Full Version : How to keep touch diamond from connecting to netwok

duff
04-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Other then using airplane mode or keeping the battery out :D. How do I make sure that my touch diamond (donor phone) never connects to sprint. I would ideally still like to use it as an mp3 player or to stream music since it has wifi. I am just afraid that I will accidentally turn airplane mode off.

I tried loading a cricket prl and also a verizon prl, but when I made a test call with the prl loaded, the call went threw!
Any ideas.

ten0rplaya04
04-18-2010, 01:25 PM
The easiest way I know of (as long as you don't reset the phone on a stock rom) is to change the Settings->Connections->Advanced->Select Networks properties. If you change it to My Work Network, it shouldn't be able to connect to anything.

duff
04-18-2010, 01:29 PM
The easiest way I know of (as long as you don't reset the phone on a stock rom) is to change the Settings->Connections->Advanced->Select Networks properties. If you change it to My Work Network, it shouldn't be able to connect to anything.

Really? Cool, thanks I will definitely try that. So if I am using a custom ROM and soft reset the phone, I should be okay? Or by reset do you mean hard reset?

ten0rplaya04
04-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Depends on the carrier...Usually Sprint rom's when you do any reset (soft or hard) it'll put the settings back to the default. I'd try setting it and then resetting the phone to see if it puts it back to sprint. On custom roms, you shouldn't have any issues as long as the HTC Guardian isn't there. Most custom roms don't have the guardian.

duff
04-18-2010, 01:36 PM
great, thanks a lot. :)

duff
04-18-2010, 02:26 PM
So I just tried it, ( couldn't find the phone) and its still able to make and receive phone calls even with my work selected. Any other ideas? Maybe flashing the radio or something?

meanngreen04
04-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Airplane mode...keep it there... no biggie...not going to do anything. Only way to turn the radio off...Not in any danger of connecting that way. Plus, you will save battery life.

ten0rplaya04
04-19-2010, 01:05 AM
Oh, you wanted to disable voice calls as well? HAHA sorry I thought you only wanted to prevent data from going through. Go into the NAM programming and change the MIN and MDN to 0000000000 (10 zero's) and the Home SID to 0000/65535.