PDA

View Full Version : (Metro PCS) Help writting NV Files to Moto Droid Split and Moved to Metro forum.

velazcod
04-15-2010, 06:18 PM
I have successfully flashed the PRL on the Droid (MetroPCS), its currently connected and working on voice & text.
I have the rest of the stuff done, apns, proxy (I even did a nice proxy setup to allow wifi to still work)... but I'm still unable to change the MIP/PPP settings, at least make them stick.

I know they need to be done with the nv items, however, I'm not a cdma guru, I only have experience with linux, android, java and some gsm stuff. Can anybody help me do this thing? I'm willing to share the proxy solution I'm working on once I have it working 100%, or work with you on your terms.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Thanks in advance!

meanngreen04
04-16-2010, 12:00 PM
You need to buy the solution from too. Other thant that, there won't be a free fix out there.

velazcod
04-16-2010, 01:05 PM
I understand, I don't need the complete solution, as you can see if you read my post.

I'm onluy looking for help on writing the nv items into the phone in order to keep working. I'm not looking to steal anything, but to help the community. I worked on a proxy solution that might help everyone with an android phone in the future. I'm just learning about this cdma stuff but I'm willing to help and be part of the community.

Thanks

whitey10tc
04-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Your post is a little unclear to me. Are you asking for the NV files or do you have them and just need to know how to apply them?

velazcod
04-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Sorry about the confusion.

No, I don't even have the nv files, I could write them if I had them, but yeah, that's what I kinda need help with.

Thanks,

whitey10tc
04-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Sorry about the confusion.

No, I don't even have the nv files, I could write them if I had them, but yeah, that's what I kinda need help with.

Thanks,
First stop double posting.

Unfortunately the NV files are part of the paid solution, your best bet would be contact To0 and see if he can work something out with you. Maybe a trade of knowledge or something.
Because if anyone did just give it out they could face being banned for giving away a paid solution. You also need to understand that the paid solution is an extensive program that has had time and money put into it and comes with support.

So for a short answer do not request paid solutions for free here anymore, talk with and ask the creator about them.

whitey10tc
04-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Split and Moved to the Metro forums for future users to find easier.

velazcod
04-16-2010, 03:08 PM
First stop double posting.

..... I didn't double post on purpose, even if I did this site is being slow and it might be the cause why my posts got double posted, I did not even click "post" twice.

Unfortunately the NV files are part of the paid solution, your best bet would be contact To0 and see if he can work something out with you. Maybe a trade of knowledge or something.
Because if anyone did just give it out they could face being banned for giving away a paid solution. You also need to understand that the paid solution is an extensive program that has had time and money put into it and comes with support.

So for a short answer do not request paid solutions for free here anymore, talk with and ask the creator about them.

Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for, somebody to contact me and do some trade of knowledge, I never requested getting a complete paid solution for free. I tried to make it clear since I posted the first time. I have no experience at all with flashing but I do have experience with linux and android and I can be of great help when it comes to that.

I'll contact him and cane directly to try to figure something out.

Thanks anyways.

meanngreen04
04-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Just pay for the solution. Too worked hard for it. It's the part that was the hardest to do and they deserve compensation for it. Or, figure it out on your own. It is a paid solution and I highly doubt it's going to be handed over. Although we don't always meet eye to eye, he does have a knack for android devices.

velazcod
04-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Its good. I understand. I did figured it out on my own.

Thanks anyways ;)

whitey10tc
04-17-2010, 09:53 PM
..... I didn't double post on purpose, even if I did this site is being slow and it might be the cause why my posts got double posted, I did not even click "post" twice.No problem and we all understand about the site being slow.

Its good. I understand. I did figured it out on my own.

Thanks anyways ;)I'm glad that you got it going.

flash2metro
07-29-2010, 10:43 PM
just put a custom rom on the phone you will be able to write EVDO settings without having to use evdo settings...

velazcod
07-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Here's what I'm currently working on

That was first step, there's also some other fixes and stuff I haven't committed that I have on my local repo...

And I'm also doing a hacky service on android that turns on/off iptables/u2nl tunneling depending on wifi state, then I'll build up a rom based off of CyanogenMod for Dinc and Shole so it's easier for everyone.

Question... How exactly do you use 1x/EVDO settings without "flashing" the radio or NV items for PPP/1x/EVDO ?

ozzi22
08-05-2010, 02:10 PM
i flashed the prl to phone but i cant get talk and text please help.

Pac3comm1
08-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Ozzi you need to flash the NV items to your device as well as program your MIN and MDN. Here is a link that should help you along the way. I see that you are new member so on behalf of the staff and family here, allow me to say welcome! Please take the time to review the rules and abide by them. AND ALWAYS REMEMBER TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON WHEN SOMEONE HELPS YOU OUT! TRY IT NOW>

whitey10tc
08-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Pace, you forgot the link?

Pac3comm1
08-05-2010, 04:59 PM
ooooooooooooops!!!! Sorry I got a pinched nerve in my neck and it is affecting my thought process. here ya go!