PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Unlimited Plan

mrjeffny
07-31-2014, 09:59 PM
Hi guys I just got a verizon wireless unlimited plan.
I am using a Thunderbolt which is on HBoot 1.08 and
Android 4.0.4 which looks like its very diffilcult to root.
Anyone know how to enable hotspot with out rooting.
I have DFS evolution.

Thanks for you help in advance

:worked_till_5am:

rich hathaway
07-31-2014, 11:24 PM
there some no root hotspots in the playstore,but really rooting is 10 min or less to unlock bl and root.

mrjeffny
08-01-2014, 03:32 AM
there some no root hotspots in the playstore,but really rooting is 10 min or less to unlock bl and root.

Hi I tried all those with no succuess something about being on HBoot 1.08 must of the software I have
tried supports only 1.04 and 1.05 have you a guide or maybe point me in the right direction.
Thanks

rich hathaway
08-01-2014, 10:31 AM
if those dont work you will need to root.so head on over to htcdev.com and first unlock your bootloader,then root it (there is a one click for tb)then use a root hotspot or buy foxfi it is worth it.

mrjeffny
08-01-2014, 08:36 PM
I was able to unlock the bootloader and load a recoverage image. Now I am up to the part to root the phone.
But it does not boot into recovery mode to load the super user file.

rich hathaway
08-02-2014, 01:45 PM
root is one click for it i believe.it been a while since ive fooled with that device but google should find you several one click tools,or here is tb toolbox tool
--------> [ALL IN ONE] The HTC Thunderbolt Tool! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

mrjeffny
08-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Hi All

I was away for awhile, I was able to root the Tbolt as you guided me.
But none of the hotspot works. Other than foxfi with pdanet installed on my notebook.
Is there a workaround to get wifi hotspot working.

thanks
Jeff