PDA

View Full Version : Faq. & info thread for novatel mifi throttle fix

rich hathaway
07-29-2014, 01:21 PM
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS THREAD FOR NOVATEL MIFI DEVICES THROTTLE FIX.

Q.Is this permanent?

A.There is no way to say its permanent,anyone who makes a de-throttle tool or fix and says that would be lying.
However I can say this,while I have only recently been fooling with mifi's,through research & development I can see exactly how they throttle these novatel devices and have it completely disabled.

Q.Does that mean they can never be throttled again?

A.No they can use a switch based throttle. If they do, that will not be stoppable by any fix.Right now throttle is done from the device.

Q.Can you remotely fix throttle for me

A.No right now it is mail in service only,at some point I will probably compile a custom firm to address all these issues

Q.Has this been tested?

A.Yes,Elisa and myself have been maxing out several devices 24/7 since its conception.

Q.Has any re-throttling occurred?

A.No not a single device has been re-throttled,we have ran 30-40 gig on these devices non stop.

Q.do I need to get a new profile to do this?

A.Usually not but in some cases when we do not have the correct existing profile info you will.

Q.What novatel devices can you de-throttle?

A.This will work on all novatel devices,however,we are only offering 2200 at this time,4510L and the sprint variant(4620L) we will start offering in the next week as well as others.

EDIT:IF YOU HAVE YOUR DEVICE'S THROTTLE FIXED,DO NOT USE A DUU OR USE DFS TO RELOAD THE FIRMWARE,THIS WILL REMOVE THE REPAIR AND YOUR DEVICE WILL BE RE-THROTTLED.
HOWEVER LOADING A DIFFERENT PROFILE WILL NOT HURT THE REPAIR IF DONE CORRECTLY.

Please feel free to ask any "NOVATEL" throttle question here,this is the place for them.

rich hathaway
07-29-2014, 01:23 PM
Reserved for future use

mifi2200
07-30-2014, 02:20 PM
Did any of the de-throttle mifi 2200 get shutdown from the V company, since they can't control it? would the de-throttle device be identified from V or its also debrand?

rich hathaway
07-30-2014, 06:00 PM
none have been shutdown.it can be de-branded but none are yet except a few of mine,but it doesn't matter if they are branded or not when they send there protocols to those devices it is ignored by the device now.
so really they think it is throttled when its not
chock one up for the hackers and zero for big red :D

if your interested here is a pic of the debranded 2200 UI

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

tman40
07-30-2014, 08:41 PM
so will shutting down the accounts be their next weapon

rich hathaway
07-30-2014, 10:02 PM
anything is possible but look at the big picture
Verizon Wireless: 115.780 million customers
Wireless Phone Customers: 115.780 Million, including over 100 Million customers and more than 10 Million other connections

so out of 116 million customers there are only a fraction of a single percent of mifis on accounts like yours.

so ask yourself this,do they even care? the answer is obviously yes,but care enough to spend probably tens of millions changing a system to thwart accounts like yours that cost them squat all to try and focus there resources on you and me neglecting there bread and butter,the high end peeps paying more than a hundo per line.

the answer to all that is - they will continue to focus on staying ahead of at&t and sprint.they know eventually 4g will take the place of fallback (which is 3g now) and when that happens this problem will fix itself without them having to revamp an old system and spend some of there 10 billion in surplus.

also we have not seen a single account get kicked since we implemented this throttle tool,hope it continues like that it is going well so far.

rich hathaway
08-01-2014, 11:58 AM
for anyone using any mifi device that has throttle fix or not you should all know this,i sent this to a member today in pm and thought it should be in the forum also.
"keep in mind that data packet timers will cause the device to become very slow after periods of non use if you experience this simply remove battery for a few seconds and replace that will restart that timer."

it is easy to confuse this with throttle,the device uses data packet timers for several reasons but the result can be a state of "idol" for your device. but when this occurs upon reboot the device's function is at normal speed again.

jojoflowbee
08-02-2014, 05:38 AM
for anyone using any mifi device that has throttle fix or not you should all know this,i sent this to a member today in pm and thought it should be in the forum also.
"keep in mind that data packet timers will cause the device to become very slow after periods of non use if you experience this simply remove battery for a few seconds and replace that will restart that timer."

it is easy to confuse this with throttle,the device uses data packet timers for several reasons but the result can be a state of "idol" for your device. but when this occurs upon reboot the device's function is at normal speed again.

how can i do it on a samsung fascinate?

Roy regis
02-05-2016, 08:46 PM
I have a mifi 2200 from verizon was given to me 1 year ago,
I'm on boost prepaid service with a galaxy s3.
What would be my best option,
Activate the device on boost, or go to verizon. Now , can it be fixed to reject the throttle thing? So it won't be throttled? If so, who can do it for me and how much it'll cost?
Also about how much it'll cost for the montly service?
Can you please give me the requested info so I can send the device over to get fixed?
Your response would be greatly appreciated.
I'm hoping I posted this on the right place , thanks for taking the time to read my post, or question.
I'm sorry if I'm not explaining myself correctly, I'm new at this kind of stuff & English is not my native language

rich hathaway
02-06-2016, 10:24 AM
Hi yes it can still be done, you do not have to send it in, everything can be done remotely, I can pm you the prices as this is not my personal sales thread or anything :)

zahra1234
08-10-2017, 12:34 AM
Thanks for sharing

efrenhd
07-21-2018, 11:07 AM
So with this acceleration is this current problem solved?
what would the cost be? With what plans would it continue to work? with $ 5.00 dollar?

rich hathaway
08-12-2018, 05:29 PM
no friend that was from 2014, it has no effect on the current mifi problems of being shut down by big red, it was for dethrottle only

stryx1234
08-21-2018, 11:39 PM
Rich I am trying to get in touch with you to ask you some questions about your method. Can you PM me? Do you have any WORKING devices that last longer than 1-3 days and isnt a constant sim swap? Thanks