PDA

View Full Version : Samsung sch lc11 - switch from cdma to gsm

cosminch
07-25-2014, 01:37 PM
My country has only GSM/WCDMA/LTE based networks. on 900/1800/2100/2600MHz.
I've seen on DFS that this device knows both CDMA and GSM. If you look also on the back you can see 2 ports for external antennas.
in diag mode the device appears to be locked on CDMA entry. I was wondering if there is any possibility to switch somehow from CDMA to GSM to further configure the device to work with my carrier.
If anybody has a clue PLEEEAAAASE GIVE ME A HINT. Its a good device and i want to use it
THX IN ADVANCE!

123456&
07-25-2014, 03:22 PM
IT is possible to use, but You will need to ask the carrier to add on their system and give you all necessary parameter to provisioning, I had done this for a carrier wish is overseas.

cosminch
07-25-2014, 03:57 PM
IT is possible to use, but You will need to ask the carrier to add on their system and give you all necessary parameter to provisioning, I had done this for a carrier wish is overseas.

THX for answering

I already have a SIM with data plan. i kind of new in this CDMA business, can you help me to know what exactly do i need. I already tried something with DFS but i dont manage to switch RFs. It always remains in CDMA mode.
I think that if i somehow manage to switch RF mode from CDMA to GSM further i can do the programing IMSI and all of that stuff.
Thanks again!

unlocker
11-01-2014, 09:20 AM
i think this device NOT global ready,so you can't use it on GSM/worldwide

rich hathaway
11-01-2014, 09:50 AM
for gsm simply set your device from NV_ONLY to RUIM_ONLY see below pic

[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

and there is no programming when you do this because it sets the device to read from the sim card only so you will need an active sim card in the device or else your wasting you time,if the device rejets the sim after you do that then the modem needs to be unlocked first then retry.
if you are using non lte then use gsm only