PDA

View Full Version : Cricket ROM solution with GPS etc.

cnewman402
04-10-2010, 12:36 AM
I am looking to find an all in one solution. Here is what I am going for:

A ROM that will:

-work for cricket
-has MMS and Internet pre-configured
-a working GPS
-has weather on the home screen
-has quick GPS for better satellite location
-carries toouchflo3D on 6.5

Does anyone have a solution?

To the admin on here in Lincoln, NE: I solved my problem I was having today, it was the PRL. I got in working after writing it to the phone in QPST! :cool: Nice to meet you today!

Edit: I do have a solution with internet, GPS, and I am sure after MMS regedits, that too. Now I am looking for a ROM with weather on the home tab.

whitey10tc
04-10-2010, 12:44 AM
I am looking to find an all in one solution. Here is what I am going for:

A ROM that will:

-work for cricket
-has MMS and Internet pre-configured
-a working GPS
-has weather on the home screen
-has quick GPS for better satellite location
-carries toouchflo3D on 6.5

Does anyone have a solution?

To the admin on here in Lincoln, NE: I solved my problem I was having today, it was the PRL. I got in working after writing it to the phone in QPST! :cool: Nice to meet you today!

Hi whitey10tc, so far no solution :)
Good to see ya outside of ppcgeeks!
You must have met smitty.
Now refresh my memory what solution are you after and what device are you looking for a ROM for? Is it the Touch Pro?

cnewman402
04-10-2010, 02:12 AM
Yes the Touch Pro. Your GPS fix worked for one ROM. I am soft resetting now to see if it worked for this ROM. Im thinking its not going to because its based off of Sprint. Any ideas?

I did meet Smitty today, hard at work! :cool:

whitey10tc
04-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Yes the Touch Pro. Your GPS fix worked for one ROM. I am soft resetting now to see if it worked for this ROM. Im thinking its not going to because its based off of Sprint. Any ideas?

I did meet Smitty today, hard at work! :cool:The GPS fix should work on any ROM, it setts the needed registry edits. The one thing in the registry that a couple of folks have had to change is the server IP for AGPS, usually changing the last set of digits will speed up or slow down the GPS. Apparently those IP's for AGPS are market dependent. But if it doesn't let me know and we can start back at squire one.

cnewman402
04-10-2010, 06:24 PM
I am still trying to find a ROM that internet will work on that I am happy with. The only one that seems to work flawlessly so far is MightyROM. It is an awesome ROM and I like it, I just need some animated weather on the home tab.

Does anyone have a solution on how to get animated weather on the home tab in MightyRom6? Is there a .cab I can install or something? I googled a good part of the day looking with no luck.

@ Whitey: It may work for most ROM's but getting internet to connect first is the issue. Many ROM's I try will not get to the internet.
Does Ryan have a 6.5 ROM?

whitey10tc
04-10-2010, 07:30 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

cnewman402
04-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Update of what I have so far:
-A ROM with HTC Sence ( Nfsfan's wm6.5 Rom [Only registered and activated users can see links] )
-3G connection (internet)
-GPS Working in Google Maps cooked into ROM ( [Only registered and activated users can see links] ) ~Link at the bottom of the first post in the thread~
-Use the carrier CAB ( [Only registered and activated users can see links] )
-My Location: Install the sdkcerts here ( [Only registered and activated users can see links] )
- I also install Framework 3.5 which could be essential.

After installing you may need to still correct some settings of the carrier CAB!--
-Go to Settings->Connection settings->Connections and edit the proxy settings, remove the WAP and remove the Socks. (For a detailed instruction see this link ( [Only registered and activated users can see links] )

What needs to be tested:
-MMS

Notes:
##778# / ##775# / etc. : Diag mode, etc does not work in this ROM (but your phone is still unlocked) so you will need to download nOpen.cab and install it ( [Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) ) and do the following:
-Choose the file you want ( \windows\DmRouter.exe ) and in the Command line you enter " /DIAG ". You now have a diagnostics screen

This still does not allow me to connect to your machine for QPST ( in my case anyways, perhaps your results will differ. )

Good Luck All. After 2 weeks of work with the Touch Pro on the cricKet network I found this is the BEST solution for the phone IMHO.:cool: